Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, the windows release files are almost ready and just to wet your appetite, I wanted to post some screenshots here to see what this version will be capable of! First of all:

A new option was added in Pcsx recently, 'Run CD through BIOS', and guess what, it was hacked to show our emulator's name! A smart addition by linuzappz!!! I don't think it'll make any Sony officials happy, but we'll remove it if it cause any concerns...
But that new option has some other good features! It boots some very difficult games that no other emu could before, like Motortoon 2, a personal favourite of mine (it can only run in ePSX through ISO mode) and Castlevania that crashed on our emu before!
Go to the compatibility page of the site to get a glimpse of other working games as well. Many more are working of course, but these you are going to find and test yourselves! That's the point of the release, isn't it? :)
AkumaX
Thursday, July 19, 2001
The time is near for the windows port release! - posted by: akumax

Don't worry guys, right now Shadow is testing/compiling the current build with me (it had some problems with Pentium3 cpus and lots of
RAM) but most of the bugs are smashed! So the release will happen shortly, in a couple of days, since we are going away to Italy after
the weekend and before we go we want to catch up with Linuzappz and the Linux port!
As for the future, there will be many more status updates and frequent releases for both of the ports. That's a promise! Right now, get ready to test the latest code the team has for you!
AkumaX
Cool! :cool:

http://www.pcsx.net/

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
PCSX team is working fast and good

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I hope I can get some of my games playing in the next release. Heheh sorry, didn't mean to be a downer.:emb: Looking forward to your next release so keep up the good work guys.:)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Waiting eagerly for next release

This release was ok.Mdecs started working well in my opinion.With last 2 releases pcsx has really improved a lot.I hope next release is even better.Good luck pcsx team.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
ok is just a rant from me...

but... FPSE (win32) seems to me to work a bit better that the actual PCSX for win32 but... why when FPSE0.09 was released we got almost covered by insults... and that nice climate is making ppl leaving the team for the sorrow of the rest...

...OK that is my personal rant nothing to do with the FPSE team or just what remains..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Okay lu_zero.....let me answer your question very clearly.
FPSE is a very good emulator and I myself use it.It has got some good compatability and good speed too.It stands at the second place.

Before the release of FPSE,FPSE Team said that every one cheated their source code thats why they will not release the latest one.............reason one

Then MR FOG alays proclaimed that FPSE is the BEST AND MOST COMPATABLE.......so annoying....did epsxe team ever said that.......!

PCSX never boasted about their new release........but FPSE team did and they destroyed their relations with the others my their own self.

I dont mean to be rude dude......but facts are facts.........!
well I dont know whether Im supposed to write this or not......but I applogize in advance if any thing u didnt liked.Im not a spokesman of epsxe,pcsx or adripsx........Im just telling u the reason why there is less support for FPSE.

Ali

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well I hope U are not mad at me.....these are very small things fighting over them is useless..........!

by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY LU_ZERO...........!

Ali

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
eheh..........:)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Huh lu_zero? August, 22 is your birthcday also? Its my birthday too. And Ryos as well. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY even though its a bit late now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts