Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ePSXe
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thursday, August 30, 2001
New windows release on the day of my birthday! - posted by: akumax

Well, it's my 25th birthday today, and we wanted to celebrate the occasion with a new windows release as we promised from the time we did the previous one before we went to Italy. More details, along with some photos of today's party will be posted in my personal site in the near future! For now, check if you want, some photos from previous years:
http://akumax.pcsx.net/
So, happy birthday for me, and happy messing around with the release for you!
This release has the config bug fixed found from the previous one, and many other emu related fixes that make the emu capable of running many more games like some new ones:

What's new in 0.9.221 Windows version
-------------------------------------
-fix the bug in the configurator
-fixes to rootcouters many games work now :) Some SPU samples work better now
-fixes to cd-da. You can also enable or disable it now...
-add MCI commands for Cd-rom plugins that not have CDRplay commands (cdrduddie,cdrbarret)
-corrections to NCT-NCS of GTE
-SPU irq added
-Fixes to Iori SPU support
-various GUI fixes.
-CD-XA mono
As for future releases, the dev team is already perfecting the XA code to include everything, and a total rewrite and bugfixing of the GTE is planned and already in test. It's the biggest thing planned to do in the emu right now, to get it running in a VERY good state.
So cheers and congratulations for Shadow and especially Linuzappz for coding all the summer!
AkumaX
http://www.pcsx.net/
Happy birthday AkumaX :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
There seems to be a problem in it....when I copy the plugins and run the emulator it igives an error that PCSX.exe has caused an error......onyone noticed this problem or Im the only one having it

Ali

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i just copied the new exe and readme into my currect pcsx folder...
i dont have problems.
you can also try to clean the registry entries for pcsx

the new release dont run more of MY games, but they do get "further" :) for example Gran Turismo gets past first two screens, gives black screen for MDEC but music was there, and then nothing...

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
PCSX 0.9.221 works fine with my computer

·
Registered
45 Posts
Only have few plugins in the plugins folder

To get it to work, I think you must only have certain plugins in the folder. PCSX would crash for me when I had a LOT of plugins that I wasn't using in the plugin folder. When I just had the ones I was using that PCSX is compatible with, it worked fine. The ones I used were:

cdrISO.dll - pete's CDR caused it to crash, so I made an ISO
gpuPeteSoft.dll
padDudIKeys.dll
padKazDInput.dll
spuIoriPCSXfix.dll

So DELETE all others from the plugins folder and then it should work.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Re: Only have few plugins in the plugins folder

Originally posted by Brumbek

cdrISO.dll - pete's CDR caused it to crash, so I made an ISO
I use Pete's CDR Plugin and it works great with PCSX

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I waited for long for this release.So i m trying all my games.Takwu's comment is right.I think compatibility seems to be increased(well atleast in no. of screens).
Liaqat ,I m also facing a similar problem but it occurs only when i click on bios & plugins.
Brumbek's solution may work.But like Bahamut i m also facing no problems with pete's cdr plugin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes...I am not saying Pete's CD plugin is faulty, it works for me too, just using the cd rom gives me more trouble than using an iso. My point wasn't pete's cd plugin is bad, but in order for PCSX to work the best, use the simplest plugins you can and fewest. Please note, PCSX took FOREVER for me to get working, for the longest time it would crash over and over. It was very annoying, but when I removed all plugins except the few I was using, it started working and now works fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts