Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mac OS X 10.6.1- Installed PCSX 1.6, cdrmooby plugin and have all the PSX BIOSes needed. I am an absolute noob at this, only finding out about emulators last night after having this crazy urge to play Harvest Moon.

My problem is that every time I attempt to load my Harvest Moon Back to Nature .iso file, I either get a black window with the words *FL < FS +DI GF and then it does absolutely nothing afterwards- or it will just crash and tell me that PCSX unexpectedly quit.

I only have one BIOS file in the Library at any time, and the BIOS simulation is always turned off. All the emulation options (if I leave Dynarec CPU core option on, it gives me the unexpected quitting message), game fixes and hacks are turned off, and my System Region is set at Auto Detect (I have even tried changing it to NTSC but to no avail).

Any and all help will be much appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same issue, but im trying to play kingdom hearts, so i don't think its the game. I've been trying to get some help on this same exact issue for 2 weeks now, but no one seems to want t elp :(. IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHAT THE ISSUE COULD BE, PLEASE HELP! :]

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
THE ENTIRE KINGDOM SERIES STARTED ON THE PS2.

Someone change this guys nick name, im kickin him out of the club.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, it definietly didn't. I have never owned a playstation2. I have owned only a playstation1, as well as Kingdom Hears FOR PLAYSTATION 1. (IF you are saying that kingdom hearts first came out on playstation 2,that would mean that i should not have been able to ever play it on my normal playstation 1, which i definietly have)

and are you talking about my nickname? im a girl

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
we don't discuss the downloading of games here, nor do we assist those who do.

Regardless, THERE IS NO KINGDOM HEARTS ON THE ORIGINAL PSX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh sorry, didnt mean to break rules and i meant 'trying' or 'playing', i wasnt trying to actually discuss the downloading

and haha, okay, watever u say (even if there REALLY IS a kingdom hearts for playstation) lol

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
:rolleyes:

look hun, Kingdom Hearts was designed on a partnership with disney and Squenix to create a new type of RPG/A game for the PS2.

The only platforms that KH is available on currently is the PS2, GBA and DS, with a PSP title coming soon.

The PSX is not capable of running KH due to the realtime CG scenes used, (rather then the large, high quality movies that make up the intro, interlude and ending).
Not to mention that the Game would've been 8-10 disks long for it to be on the PSX.

·
Discontinued
1,191 Posts
Can you check the contents of your CD? There should be a SLUS/SLES/SLPS - SCUS/SCES/SCPS file that will identify the name we're looking for.

Harvest Moon won't work with PCSX. Missing emulation I think - similar code hang to Syphon Filter 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.