Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is any program out there that can accelarate pci ports cause i have a g-force fx 5200 pci and some games run really nice on it and then others slow down a tad then other games the game it self is fine but fmv clips go all pausey thtats why i was wondering if there is a pci port accelator instead of resorting in over clocking the card. thanks in advance.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Iceydamo said:
I was wondering if there is any program out there that can accelarate pci ports cause i have a g-force fx 5200 pci and some games run really nice on it and then others slow down a tad then other games the game it self is fine but fmv clips go all pausey thtats why i was wondering if there is a pci port accelator instead of resorting in over clocking the card. thanks in advance.
Watch what you do with it. I only had mine running 40 Mhz faster on the GPU than stock, and 6 months after setting it that way, the card was fried.:p

·
IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advise so i guess there is no way to acelrate the port it self (not the card).

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
unfortunately there isnt a way apart from overclocking, the PCI bus can only go as fast as the frequency allows, which at 33mhz (standard) it can only push about 250mb/sec, but to be blunt with you the FX5200 pretty much sucks, i wouldnt even attempt new games on it, you are better off trying to get yourself an AGP card, even the Geforce 6200 or a Radeon 9600 would give you an improvement :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
To enhance the suckiness of fx5200, even older GeForce4 Ti cards were faster than that... :p

Outside of possible PCI enhancement options of your motherboards bios, (what they do is beyond me though) there is no way to improve PCI slot speed as stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.