Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought the PC Gamer US today and it gave the game 98% (which ties it with Alpha Centauri for highest score by them) . I'm assuming that link was for the PC Gamer UK since someone said 96% which was the score they gave it.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ah well it was fun while it lasted. sorry for posting the pirated stuff tho ...tho for some of u it lasted long enuff to read :) yes, Mr. Smith, the links were to the uk review, which apparently has higher standards ;)

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
...Just so you know that is all copyrighted material and is illegal to post here. I thought pcgamer gave it a 98%... at least the USA version did...but then again they also gave Doom 3 a 94%...so what can we expect? A game where you can actually see?

Actually i loved Doom 3 but i think a 94% was waaaaaay too high...I think the hype just got them overwhelmed which is probably what this did also.
Overwhelmed by hype? ID came to PC Gamer with a deal, they'd give them a world exclusive first review, which would undoubtly raise their magazine sales, and PCG had to review them at least 90% or so. That's how it works for almost ALL big games, and i bet you valve did the same thing with PCG.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Look, I will tell you this much...I don't base games on the ratings that Magz give them. I play what interests me, and if it's good...I like it (or rate it). If it sucks, it sucks. There are too many games/movies i've avoided and forced myself to watch due to what others say....so, any movie or game that is interesting, i'll play and judge for myself.

r2rX :D

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
True r2rx ;) I played a lot of games that got bad reviews but I loved them, and vice-versa. Don't let a magazine judge for you. And don't think that hype is a bad thing. HL2 is probablygonna be a great game.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts