Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Not likely. The only chance I see for it is if ffXI is a massive hit on the pc so much so that FFXII Pc is made (which becomes another massive hit) followed by a special anthology with IX and X.

More chance of elvis crashing a flying saucer into the loch ness monster's head if you ask me.:)

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by iEvolutions
wah???
how come they're not making one for pc????
The past PC ports of their games were a major bust. They first got Eidos Interactive to port FF VII and they did a pretty horrible job. Then they themselves ported FF VIII to PC but they didn't do any better. In fact they just copied Eidos' format. They get enough sales from the console versions. No need to invest funds into making another unsuccessful PC port.

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Ryoga: Definitely not with the online petition, and they'd think you're very strangely determined with the latter.

Gamer-X: Cut back on the number of smilies in your sig. They're definitely overkill.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
that´s well, cauze I don´t have a great PC to make any justice to the game, and whit my soon new PS2 welll...

·
Registered
35 Posts
A FFX pc port would be cool since ps2 are expensive and I don't think it will be emulated soon. (well, there's already an emulator in progress but it's for MacOs X). But it will sure need a top of the line gfx card. And I think it would be a more sucessful port than FF7 and FF8 because the original version have a better gfx resolution (I think). The big problem with FF7 PC and FF8 pc was it's blocky backdrops and it was because they were initialy rendered in low resolution.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
There's not that big of a fan base in the PC community for RPGs. I doubt that Square will put a big budget into their PC development team. At any rate, graphics are the most important thing to a PC gamer so if they do make a port of FF X they had better make full use of the available 3D technologies (vertex/pixel shading, 32 bit color, bump mapping, etc.). No one wants another lame psx port.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.