Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· ~Dgurion~
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got a new job and Im thinking about doing an upgrade to my obsolete Desktop PC.. Heres some components that I have on it and I won't need/want to upgrade:

Sound Card - Audigy2zs PlatinumPro
DVD-RW Drive
HardDrive - 7200RPM 120GB Seagate

.....Well, thats basically it, I have to replace the rest for a new system...

What I was looking for was an SLI capable motherboard... But Im not sure which one is a good one.. is there one thats better than the others?

Also I was thinking of getting a P4 3.2ghz with EM64T support... Would this be a good idea or should I got with an AMD processor instead?

For a graphics card I was thinking along the lines of an 7800gt, Is there a certain brand thats better than others?

And for RAM I am thinking about getting 2GB of DDR2 667 ram... Any suggestions on brand?

· Registered
7,407 Posts
Definitely go with an AMD CPU instead. A Socket 939 Athlon 64 with the Venice core is a great way to go (much better than just about any Intel CPU, for gaming.. synthetically, at least), and is quite cheap.

For the board, go DFI, ASUS, MSI, or Gigabyte. They all have great SLI boards for various budgets.

AMD doesn't use DDR2 as of yet, so get some good quality PC3200 or PC4000.

· カラム
365 Posts

· カラム
365 Posts
It would make a huge difference but it is not compatable with AMD Processors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.