Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I own Shadows of Amn... and I like it, but I don't know if the others are that good as well!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
oh you meant, "shadows of Amn of baldus's gate hehehe :p silly me
well, I have already ordered ff 8 for pc and I guess I'm gonna get baldur's gate II, too.

www.ffonline.com
they have some fresh screens of final fantasy XI
they look simply sweeetttttttttttt :D
can't wait the release :smash:

:fart:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Like i said earlier get pools of radiance it just like baldurs gate but its got turn based fighting (the one thing i didnt like in baldurs gate was the no turn based fighting)its all AD&D rules and the graphics are WAY BETTER too IMYO this game is top notch!

G

·
you must give Fallout and Fallout 2 a shot .. I personally don't like PC games (Besides the NBA Live PC versions from EASports) and I actually enjoyed these games ... couple years old but still plays great.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
is grandia 1 out for pc too?
and keith do u know when nba live 2002 comes out for pc??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
anyone here knows Knights of Xentar?
thats a really cool japanese RPG for the PC, i mainly liked it because of the... uh.. graphics (you'd know what i mean, hehe) :D and the unusual plot ^______^ and also every single line of text is voiced...
i have no idea though if it is still available anywhere plus its pretty old...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wizardry 8- Good, tons of options, great gameplay, long, good story.

Might and Magic VI & VII- Good hack and slash gamepay, sprawling (especially VI), sub-par story. Don't bother with XIII, IX looks like it may be good when it comes out.

Deus Ex- Absolutly brilliant game. Uses a FPS engine, but is closer to MGS with many more RPG elements. (Exp. levels, inventory, etc.) Whole game is voice acted.

Baldur's Gate series- Best RPG's for PC. Period. There are 4 titles in the series (BG1, BG1: Tales of the Sword Coast, BG2, BG2: Throne of Bhaal). It starts out great with BG1 and just gets better as the series progresses. Does have effctive turn based combat since you can pause at any time and issue orders.

Planescape: Torment- Uses BG engine, but more story based. (BG still has a great story).

Icewind Dale- Also uses BG engine, but more combat based. (BG still has great combat.

If you don't mind dated games check out Eye of the Beholder I and II (stear clear of III). Bertayal at Krondor is great fun and is now freeware. Lands of Lore: Throne of chaos was groundbreaking and a great game. You can find info, places to buy, and downloads of long-abandoned PC games at www.thrunderdogs.org
Also the little-known shareware serieses Exile and Avernum are a blast and competes well with commercial games (it does have poor animation though). Check them out at www.spidweb.com They also just put out a new game called Geneforge that looks interesting. (Not for windows yet though...)

Basically, there are some very good PC RPG's, but there is something fundamently different between them and Japaneese (console) RPG's, so some people just don't like them. I like them both.

Quasius

·
Registered
6 Posts
RPG!!

I'd say Final Fantasy 8 and Summoner. They both look good and well if there are any RPG's with better storylines than FF8 tell me :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
instead of listing the games with a BETTER plot then ff8 ill make a list of games that got a WORSE plot:
uh...
ummmmm...
phew...
tough one...
ill give you a call when i find one :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The company that translated Dragon Knight 3 into the English Knights of Xentar went bankrupt, so it's no longer available. As for Grandia PC, there is no such thing. The sequel has a PC port that's supposedly really bad, however.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts