Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you recommend me some rpg's for pc ?
because I got already tired about fighting, racing, sports and other types of games for pc's.
I guess the only type of games that I really like are rpg's like Final Fantasy.

Could you recommend me some rpg's for pc ?¢®

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
There aren't very many good PC RPGs like Final Fantasy. Anachronox might be a good one to look into, and you may or may not like Septerra Core. I like Planescape: Torment a lot, but it's not like Final Fantasy.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Anachronox is a good bet... although it has some issues with XP/2K. The best way to describe it is Bladerunner meets Chrono trigger.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
issues with xp ?
well, too bad.
I use xp...
what do you guys think about final fantasy XVIII for pc ?
is it good ?
I've played the playstation version but want to replay the game.
is it worth ?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Eighteen! :eek: Have I missed a few?

Well as long as don't mind downloading tons of patches its ok. I have it (with sad patches and it doesn't have any issues with XP).

As for Annachronox. I managed to play it through to almost the end before I hit a bug on win 2k. Either I'm completely thick or you can't kill the end boss.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've heard Anachronox is a great game. Of course, there's the classic Baldur's Gate, which should be pretty darn cheap by now that Baldur's Gate II is out. Also look into Arcanum, which has hours and hours of play value and got a 90% or somethin from PCGamer. The Fallout series is also pretty good.
So there are good PC RPGs out there: to recap, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, Anachronox, Fallout. Check 'em out.

·
The (V)ighty |>uffleHuff
607 Posts
check out silver and septerra core...
although both are a new breed of old school rpg's in which the main difference is a lot of mouse involvement

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
I have the PC versions of FF7 & 8, and I liked them a little better than the PS versions. Both have pros and cons, so I suggest you try them for a different experience. The PC versionds have a little better 3D IMO, but the music isn't quite the same. And FF8 has the ChocoboWorld minigame, unavailable in PS version :p.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Diablo and Diablo 2 are laso great RPG's , an other good RPG is Floyd (it's the German Title) , and Summoner , Baldur's Gate II- Shadows of Amn (all the serie) , Soul Reaver, Quest For Glory , Fallout 2 , etc ...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Diablo isn't really an RPG... very little dialogue/story to speak of. It's the epitome of hack-and-slash, so if that's what you're looking for, Diablo is your best bet. But if you're looking for something like FF, you won't like Diablo.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess Im gonna try final fantasy 8 for pc.
I just loved that game for playstation...
what's the higher resolution you can play that game in pc, Efrainman ?

and everyone...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME YOUR OPINIONS.
I appreciate them very much :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh really, BaD_BURN ?
that is sooo sweet to hearrrrr
I'm going to get final fantasy 8 for pc
all the wayyyyyyyy hehehe
Thanks everyone
thanks Ryos for the resolution info :D

Hey EfrainMan !
but the ps version of ff has that chocobo game, isn't it ?

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Originally posted by dhkim
oh really, BaD_BURN ?
that is sooo sweet to hearrrrr
I'm going to get final fantasy 8 for pc
all the wayyyyyyyy hehehe
Thanks everyone
thanks Ryos for the resolution info :D

Hey EfrainMan !
but the ps version of ff has that chocobo game, isn't it ?
What GeForce card do you have? Not sure if it works with the first GeForce (GF256) but if you have a GF2/GF3, I guess FSAA should work fine. Also, be sure to download the GeForce patch for FF8. Without it, strange sh1t appear when you play w/o the patch.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts