Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody and greetings PC risen is a must have and a must buy the visuals are stunning the gameplay is awesome. Not only that but the game takes place in an midevil time frame id recommend this game for any true gamer. Gamestop slipped up and gave me my copy before release date i grabbed my copy quietly and went home.

the games requirements are

up to date modern processor 3.0 ghz or higher
2 gb of ram
8800gtx or higher

trust me people its worth it:thumb:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Hmm, it shows available at stores, and a $10 rebate if you buy online at Gamestop.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I found it only meh. Graphics were nice but I was turned off the first time someone asked me to gather 10 plants. Felt like I was playing WoW again. I may give it another try if I'm bored someday, but for now I have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend on the go, and Dragon Age is out in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hmm, it shows available at stores, and a $10 rebate if you buy online at Gamestop.
on IGN.com the rating this game was given was an 8.5 not far from a 9.0 which is a standard score for games these days.

I found it only meh. Graphics were nice but I was turned off the first time someone asked me to gather 10 plants. Felt like I was playing WoW again. I may give it another try if I'm bored someday, but for now I have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend on the go, and Dragon Age is out in a couple weeks.
yep uncharted 2 and M.A.G will definly be on my check list.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Risen is a spiritual follower to the Gothic series, still it works good, bugs free (well almost), had fun finishing this game :). My only rant would be the mage class not being as good as in the gothic games (well actually not having that many variety's of spells). I put up some screenshots some time ago if someone's interested :p http://forums.ngemu.com/pc-games-screenshots/127721-risen.html.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Graphics were nice but I was turned off the first time someone asked me to gather 10 plants.
I've only seen 2 quests that were really like that.
The plants one, which is not really a quest but a money-maker : You get the plants as you adventure and can repeat the quests as many times as you want for a horrible amount of XP but good amount of money. (and then can steal them or kill the guy and give them to him again if you feel like it)

And a quest that ask you to get stuff from the goblins (or whatever they were called). That quest seemed more like a bad joke than anything, I got it in the first chapter of the game and completed it in the very last one.

---

Liked the game in general, it's not a RPG that focuses on characters and an amazing plot, instead one that focuses on the world and progression. In general I don't like that kind of game *that* much, but this time around I had quite a bit of fun.
(I don't find the comparisons to Oblivion to be accurate tho)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
^Did you played gothic as well ? depending on how much you emphasize on graphics you could like 1 & 2, the story is better and the mage class.

As for the plants there's also a quest to gather plants at the monastery.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
^Did you played gothic as well ? depending on how much you emphasize on graphics you could like 1 & 2, the story is better and the mage class.

As for the plants there's also a quest to gather plants at the monastery.
Yeah I played them before, Risen kind of took me by surprise as I didn't know they were working on it.

As for the plants, that's kind of necessary since they need to have one for both sides. (otherwise it could be unfair for some players)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Not quite the one in the monastery is a must otherwise you can't progress :lol:, well risen took me by surprise as well considering the gothic series had a fair share of bugs and Risen was almost buglless.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Shoddy boring bestiary...that's all I have to say.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I could say the same to you.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Shoddy boring bestiary...that's all I have to say.
Who cares?

Great game so far although I'm only about 3 hours in. Big turn around from Gothic 3 which I tried to enjoy (and did to some extent) but just got lost in the myriad of bugs. Hopefully this one will continue to impress as I complete it.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
I played it for a few hours, but i ended up not liking it for these reasons:

Combat: Sucks balls
World: anything you do has ZERO effect on the world. This is 2009, RPGS should be dynamic by now, not static.
Quests: Main story line quests= go to 5 places and find 5 pieces of weapon/armor/key

BORING. Waiting for dragon ages origin now :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.