Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Better be better than yesterday
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah. The time Capcom made crappy PC ports seems far away. Resident evil 4, Onimusha3, DMC3....Now the main problem is...Release dates. Why should I wait more than the PS3/360 gamers to put the PC DVD version of RE5 in my machine?

Better graphisms? You wish. Ultra extra bonuses? You wish. A superb sosie of Jill Valentine making me a striptease? I wish.

Well, let's try to answer this question. I have waited more than 6 months to have the right to see Chris Redfield dressed like that.

Uh? WTF? Other interesting bonuses? More enemies in Mercenaries mode. And? Nvidia 3D vision implemented(errr.....).And? What? I GTFO?

Seriously, I would have prefered put my hands full of fingers on RE5 sooner than to have the benefit of this, I think, is crap. Anyone thinks the same?

Source.

Sorry if it has been already posted, I was too lazy to check.:heh:

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
So you prefer they release the port full of bugs? So every time you bludgeon an african with chris redfields massive hands your windows explorer crashes??

:???:

Just be happy it was released on pc at all. Capcom basically just gave a free pass to all the warez kitties on the net.

·
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you prefer they release the port full of bugs? So every time you bludgeon an african with chris redfields massive hands your windows explorer crashes??
Have you played games like DMC3, RE4, Onimusha3, Lost planet on your PC? I have. And I can say one thing, I never saw any crash like the one you described at least with my rig.

The crappy releases were crappy because they didn't "polish" the graphisms and optimization was shoddy. Bugs? I don't know for others who played these games but I never experienced it with Capcom ones since now.

Moreover, RE5 is not the only Capcom game PC release was delayed. take the example of DMC4, SF4 (Damn, they like the number 4) and recently Bionic Commando. And as far as what I've read (or try because I own SF4 and DMC4), none of these releases had something new or great in comparison of the PS3/360 versions. More. Capcom did plan their release on PC platform. So? Do PC gamers smell like fish?

Just be happy it was released on pc at all. Capcom basically just gave a free pass to all the warez kitties on the net.
I'm rather happy of that. And I don't see what "warez kitties" are doing here.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
LP? What game was that?

***EDIT***

DUH, Lost Planet, I should have known that...

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
id rather have them taking their time to make it a decent port instead of pulling the stunt they did with RE4 again. i know ubisoft was given that project but still, they should not have given one of their flagship franchises over to a publisher known for half-assed port jobs.

·
Irregular User
3,199 Posts
RE4, Onimusha 3 and DMC3 was indeed not ported by Capcom, but recent titles such as SF4, DMC4 and LP indeed had the nice quality, and RE5 is coming along nicely too!!

try the Resident Evil 5 benchmark if you want :)

Resident Evil 5 PC benchmark is out!! ~580MB
Supports nVidia's 3D Stereoscopic Vision
Downloading...

Link here: Resident Evil 5 by Capcom

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
any word on the official system requirements yet?

·
Demon
1,205 Posts
There's a benchmark for RE5 but I don't know the official system requirements. Anyway, beside the funky costumes and more enemies in mercenary mode, with this port also come better control, like using mouse for aim and numpad for quick item selection. I don't know why Capcom is waiting so long to release their games on PC, but I'm just happy they are even coming out and are playable unlike their PS2 to PC ports.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Well, here are my results then. The lower FPS is with 4xAA enabled, the other one without. I have to say that the impact of AA is minimal in terms of image quality, probably due to the lighting. I'd pick vSync over AA in this game. Now if only they'd use triple buffering instead we could have best of both worlds.

·
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Redlion,

Capcom didn't port DMC3, Onimusha3 nor RE4 on PC. Some other company did, I think they make cell phones. However Capcom did port LP, DMC4, SF4 and RE5 to PC. Which btw are all fantastic ports.
Ah, my bad. I thought that Ubisoft just edited the games. For LP....Well, I found the game visually good but pretty well unoptimized.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
Well, here are my results then. The lower FPS is with 4xAA enabled, the other one without. I have to say that the impact of AA is minimal in terms of image quality, probably due to the lighting. I'd pick vSync over AA in this game. Now if only they'd use triple buffering instead we could have best of both worlds.
did you notice any problems with tearing that were bad enough to warrent use of vsync? i dont have access to my main system until monday so i have yet to see this benchmark first hand.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I'd pick vSync over AA in this game at any time. Perhaps it's because I have a large screen as well (24") but still that doesn't make the dotpitch any larger. I found the tearing to be more annoying than in most other games I've played, probably because of the cinematic nature of cutscenes (drunken camera).

Otherwise, this seems like another solid port to me, unfortunately it seems like plays as a retardified L4D.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Some games handle having vsync disabled like a champ. Some are horrible without it. I'll usually try without first, then enable if tearing is an issue.
SLI prefers Vsync, minimizes micro stutter.

·
Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Apparently the "Legendary Dark Knight", better graphics and Turbo mode are not "worthy" additions to DMC4. Turbo Mode along with LDK mode make it even more fun than it already was.

Also, the fact that DMC4 plays under not that good PCs shows that quality is not to be questioned. Especially when development of all three versions of the game was done on a PC. They just released it later to make sure that the game was well optimized.

For the record, DMC3(published by Capcom and Ubisoft, ported by some other company which I can only guess is owned by Ubisoft) lacked lens flare, shadows AND wouldn't let you go past 30 FPS in most cases, no matter how good your PC is.

And by the way, have you ever heard of "mods"? Nothing like being able to play around with what EVERYTHING in the game looks like. Just look at this(hope no one minds the link):

Hell's Atelier -> Build a Nero

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.