Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
Joined
·
23,380 Posts
press windows key + pause/break which takes you to System Properties. go to the Advanced tab, and then down to Startup and Recovery, and click settings. UNCHECK "automatically restart".

then do your emulation like normal. you'll probably get a BSOD (blue screen of death). see what the error is.

most likely, it's a hardware/driver type thing, either that or your computer is simply overheating itself.
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
17,202 Posts
It might as well be a PSU problem just like I had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hushypushy said:
press windows key + pause/break which takes you to System Properties. go to the Advanced tab, and then down to Startup and Recovery, and click settings. UNCHECK "automatically restart".

then do your emulation like normal. you'll probably get a BSOD (blue screen of death). see what the error is.

most likely, it's a hardware/driver type thing, either that or your computer is simply overheating itself.
i have updated nvidia drivers... and now i will try... both.
 

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
Joined
·
23,380 Posts
either your computer is overheating, or some faulty drivers. do you get the BSOD now after following my instructions? what is the error?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hushypushy said:
either your computer is overheating, or some faulty drivers. do you get the BSOD now after following my instructions? what is the error?
i have done the thing that you had said me , but it doesn't show the blue screen. i think it's windows :mad: one of the thousands attacks from windows
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
17,202 Posts
Does this problem also happen with other games?
 

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
Joined
·
23,380 Posts
well if it was overheating before, it's probably overheating now, eh? it's summertime right now, isn't it pretty hot? i'd say that's your most likely problem. you should invest in some new cooling for your PC, perhaps a new heatsink, a new case that has better airflow, new case fans, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I'm having the blue screen of death. It says its dumping some kind of memory and it only does it when I play Alone in the Dark: A New Nightmare.

What do I need to do to fix this problem? This is constantly happening, either I'm in the game and it does it or it reboots while trying to get into it.

Please help!!
 

·
PCSX2 Coder
Joined
·
11,343 Posts
SDWILLIA said:
I have the Memtest you suggested, and its running now. Should I try and play the game while its running or wait for awhile??
nope, just let it run through :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
My computer is possessed. I ran MemTest and then at about 1000%, I started playing my game and yes, it crashed yet again. My computer rebooted and then I went back into the game and was able to play it thru, does MemTest have anything to do with "fixing" my problem? Anywayz, thank you for suggesting MemTest. I'm letting it go all the way this time.
 

·
PCSX2 Coder
Joined
·
11,343 Posts
SDWILLIA said:
My computer is possessed. I ran MemTest and then at about 1000%, I started playing my game and yes, it crashed yet again. My computer rebooted and then I went back into the game and was able to play it thru, does MemTest have anything to do with "fixing" my problem? Anywayz, thank you for suggesting MemTest. I'm letting it go all the way this time.
memtest checks your memory for errors in the actual ram.

are you overclocked at all? or are you running on stock?
 

·
PCSX2 Coder
Joined
·
11,343 Posts
well if you dont even know what i mean, then its unlikely you are ;p

if memtest completes successfully, id say you still have cooling problems, either with your processor or graphics card
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top