Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!! Today I decided to overclock my computer!! I've a not good RAM! I mounted the Nirvana NV120 Premium and it seems to work well! I overclock to 3.4 ghz but I don't noticed any speed/fps improvement in Dolphin!!oO Is it normal?? I have 21 fps at 3.0 ghz and 21 at 3.4 ghz!!? I only changed FSB! Could the problem be the RAM?? It is a 2x2gb at 600 mhz!! Can you explain exactly how to overclock good my PC?? I read a lot of tutorial and Know enough things but i think to wrong something!:eyemove: Sorry for my bad english!! I don't speak it!!

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
well you have a Quad-Core, what is your multiplier? You should always have your fsb : ram 1 : 1.
Your problem is that your ram is to slow to keep a good ratio. 3400 : 4 = 850 you should overclock your ram to 850. If that wont work you should buy some new ram with higher speeds. Like 1066 or even faster.
Also from 3.0 ghz to 3.4 ghz is not a big improvement. With good cooling and new ram you could get 4.0 ghz or higher.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
I don't know about others but i saw no increase in dolphin when i upgraded from Athlon X2 3GHz to Phenom II X3 3.2GHz... while in PCSX2 some games gained a whooping 10FPS!
maybe that's the limit of this emu as of now, or maybe my setting is just bad, i dunno :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My multiplier is 8,5 and it was set 400x8,5= about 3400, yes i know my ram is very slow and when i set this config my ram should be at 895 mhz and obviously before boot screen appear a BSOD!! But i can't change the FSB:RAM report?? I didn't find the voice in bios!! what can I do to overclock my cpu instead buy a more powerful RAM??

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Don't overclock it than. You are limited because of the bad ram. Try to overclock your ram but I doubt that will work. Mostly give BSODS. Just order some 4 gb ram kit.

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Dolphin works really well with my Phenom II rig. check out some of my youtube vids

YouTube - gareth19771's Channel
Omg, this a topic about overclocking. About someone who needs help. You come here just to get more views on your stupid channel. Please put your stupid reply somewhere else.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the help you gave me!! Anyway until I'll get new better RAM I can't do more of this!!

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Omg, this a topic about overclocking. About someone who needs help. You come here just to get more views on your stupid channel. Please put your stupid reply somewhere else.
I dont give a crap about how many views I get. I have an overclocked CPU.

I removed the link as its so offensive to some people

To everyone else i was just trying to illustrate how overclocking can improve dolphin performance and not trying to promote myself in any way

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Omg, many Dolphin users overclocked there cpu and many other pc users overclock there pc. Maybe I was to hard on you but I just get mad if someone needs help and the reply doens't provide any help at all.
Gabryx my advise to you is that you buy some new RAM, I recommend OCZ because of the low price high quality value. You are now limited because of the poor RAM you have. Just look on the internet on Italian websites, good luck finding a good RAM kit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks as soon as possible I'll buy new RAM and overclockr my cpu better!!:)

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Thanks as soon as possible I'll buy new RAM and overclockr my cpu better!!:)
Make sure you buy at least 1066 mhz. I would recommend you to buy even faster. That way you wont have any problems soon.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Omg, many Dolphin users overclocked there cpu and many other pc users overclock there pc. Maybe I was to hard on you but I just get mad if someone needs help and the reply doens't provide any help at all.
Gabryx my advise to you is that you buy some new RAM, I recommend OCZ because of the low price high quality value. You are now limited because of the poor RAM you have. Just look on the internet on Italian websites, good luck finding a good RAM kit.
You were hard on me? You need to keep your opinions to yourself, you're not a moderator, someone with a Phenom II asked me how well dolphin ran on my overclocked Phenom II. if there was something wrong with my post then report it

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Suicide is the only solution!

otherwise, no ****fighting in the dolphin board kthnx.

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Im all for no fighting Squall but someone calls me stupid and you know im gonna respond
Whatever, if you just stfu. This topic is ruined because of your not-helping comments. Try to say something usefull to the topic starter in stead of placing crap. I mean come on, this topic is about how to overclock etc. Not how well is Dolphin running on my oc'ed cpu. I just can't stand that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
*Facepalms*

Op, if you like a moderator can close this.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Whatever, if you just stfu. This topic is ruined because of your not-helping comments. Try to say something usefull to the topic starter in stead of placing crap. I mean come on, this topic is about how to overclock etc. Not how well is Dolphin running on my oc'ed cpu. I just can't stand that.
Why don't you stfu? I was asked how well Dolphin performed on my overclocked cpu and i replied, no one asked for your stupid opinion. If anybody had said to me my reply bothered them I would have happily removed it, but to post a message with the intention of insulting and offending me is out of order

no i'm not expecting increase from the extra core but rather the higher ipc of phenom... but yeah, maybe i need to oc higher, how'd dolphin do on your cpu?
...and now im done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.