Discussion Starter #1
Is there one out there?

Or anything related to it?

:thumb:

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing, i just wanna do the same thing with my psx games and scan for media and preview movies and listen to music?

I own over 370 pc games, so you know i wanna be able to look at this and that. Even tho some games allows you to view movies and hear the music, but some dont.

Do one exist, or do you know who made the psx version thing, so that same person can make a pc version?

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Uhh... I think what you're saying is you want a program thats able to look at the resource files for console games? Sorry, but the files aren't just conveniently placed so anybody can take them out (though earlier games like FF7 are conveniently organised). Infact the companies go out of their way to hide the files and the only way you'll be able to retrieve some of them through programs that can convert some of the formats.

The closest thing I could suggest would be PSXMC (playstation multi converter) which is able to decode some Psx movies. You won't have any luck converting music because most console games (and I literally mean most) use a midi-like system to play music (and no they can't be ripped by regular means).

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vanit said:
Uhh... I think what you're saying is you want a program thats able to look at the resource files for console games? Sorry, but the files aren't just conveniently placed so anybody can take them out (though earlier games like FF7 are conveniently organised). Infact the companies go out of their way to hide the files and the only way you'll be able to retrieve some of them through programs that can convert some of the formats.

The closest thing I could suggest would be PSXMC (playstation multi converter) which is able to decode some Psx movies. You won't have any luck converting music because most console games (and I literally mean most) use a midi-like system to play music (and no they can't be ripped by regular means).
You must be sleep or something :lol: Because you seem to have missed the whole topic, i already have psxMC, i'm talking about one for the pc so i can do the same thing i do with psx games, only thing i want to do it for PC GAMES

:wave:

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
each game has it's own way to do that, just use the modder tools for that paticular game to extract it, some PC games like Morrowind use common formats like .bik files as thier videos so you can directly copy that, others like Command and Conquer or Doom3 stores thier videos in one file for CNC use a program like XCC tools or Doom3 you can use winzip for that

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
The General said:
You must be sleep or something :lol: Because you seem to have missed the whole topic, i already have psxMC, i'm talking about one for the pc so i can do the same thing i do with psx games, only thing i want to do it for PC GAMES

:wave:
The short sentences you used could mean a variety of things. Anyways I would recommend a program called Game Audio Player. It searches the strings in ever single file in the games installation folder for tags for music, its very effecient.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
There was a program called GAP (game audio player) it could scan and convert most game music formats... of its time. but it was discontinued. my opinion, try it... then buy the game OST.

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i will sure enough check them out. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts