Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've bought Doom3 a few days ago, and after installing it, i tried to run the game but it gives me an error stating that it could not load default.cfg. I browsed my pc to look for this file but it didn't exist. can somebody help me with this?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
The best I could think of is the file is damaged or doesn't exist like you said :p So your best bet is to uninstall then reinstall.

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Player-X said:
By any chance are you trying to run that on Windows98/Me?
nope.........i'm running on WinXP SP2. and i've tried uninstalling nad reinstalling the game but no avail. Can somebody provide me the file?

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
how about uninstalling and reinstalling on another directory

did u also download and install patch 1.1?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I don't have default.cfg, and Doom III runs fine on my machine. I do have DoomConfig.cfg though, so I'll attach that here. Just rename it to .cfg and put it in your "base" directory.

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
* Lady said:
how about uninstalling and reinstalling on another directory

did u also download and install patch 1.1?
done.....but still not working. the same error exists saying that the default.cfg could not be loaded. i've tried using your file replacing mine cooliscool, but nothing happens and the error's still there. oh well, might as well contact ID software for this problem.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
It could be a bad disc and maybe other files are missing as well. It's possible. I bought a game and the CD's were totally borked. It would even finish the installation. So either g to the store and get replacement CD's (as many will do a replacement) or contact ID like you mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Noob'Slayer said:
if its still not working, return your doom3 and buy far cry or half-life2 - much more fun.
Off topic, let's not start a flame war about which game is the best, please stick to the topic.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Uh, nothing here that was posted was flaming at all >_< I agree with Player_X though :p WB to us and see if you're just having the worst luck in the world or if it was just that one set of discs ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts