Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help..
after playing on p64 ocarina of time for a certain amount of time,ive noticed that the pc cant boot.specifically it stops when it's checking the disks and drives.ive tried power on/off but nothing works.
please someone help:(

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
unrelated to the emulator specifically.

could be a dieing PSU.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
check the power levels in the bios. if the 12v line is below 11.70 then there will be trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
+12V=11.880V
VCore=1.488V
-12v=-12.572v
CPU=2.66 GHz
everything seems normal.after having the pc unplugged for 2 hours it worked -with two tries-but it has happened before.so i uninstalled project64 for now and i shutted down.any other ideas?
tell me if you need something else

·
Registered
285 Posts
A problem like this would be difficult to diagnose with out the PC right in front of you. It could be any number of things. The psu is a good place to star for something like this. But what do you mean "it stops when it's checking the disks and drives", does it freeze up or just shut it's self off?

Also you said "after having the pc unplugged for 2 hours it worked", that suggests that a component was over heating and/or is going bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While starting up, the computer shows a screen where you can press del to enter BIOS setup F12 for flash recovery etc and below it makes a list of all the drives in the system (Ide master,slave...) and the ram size.Thats the point where the pc freezes and nothing else happens.after the list is done usually a beep follows and another quik screen and then windows boot from the hard drive.
Ive discovered that sometimes holding the power button until the pc shuts down and the immediately powering up again,can fix the situation.but that works at 1% of the cases.|Sometimes unplugging for 2 hours fixes the problem.
The hard drive is new,one month old, maybe agp doesnt connect properly?
Cpu temp=59C/138F
System temp=41C/105F
more can be found in the pictures.

http://img3.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bios2.jpg

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
then its unrelated to PJ64 entirely and is a sign of failing hardware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.