Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Bullying shouldn't be acceptable behavior, nor should a person have to become violent to fight off a bully. Exactly what do you "pro bully" people think is acceptable bullying, should girls or boys be molested so they understand sex? Many schools have zero tolerance and will expel the victim with the bully if s/he fights back, no retribution isn't always advised, and some times kids get shot in school over this, Columbine anyone?

Still, this is a game for adults many of whom survived bullying. Unless they're teaching their kids its ok to bully others, I think this is fine for adults. I play Grand Theft Auto but I don't want to be in the Mafia.

I have the PS2 version. I haven't really played it much.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
If you justify bullying as having a purpose, then you're saying it's acceptable, and you said you have been on both sides of the issue, so I guess you thought or believe it is ok to bully kids.

Should they be molested as well? What kind of bullying is good? Why is it ok to physically and psychologically harm children?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Nice straw man with the whole molestation thing.

Simply saying something has a purpose, does not in any way endorse or condone an action.
If you say it serves a purpose, you're justifying it. Try telling that to those who didn't survive Columbine.

When I was a kid, you just got beat up, now it escalates to rape and murder, or are you ignorant of Columbine and other school massacres?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
And now you've gone from equating teasing to child molestation to school shootings. Klebold and Harris were two very disturbed individuals and bullying wasn't the cause of any of their disturbances. They openly posted messages expressing hate for specific groups of individuals none of whom were bullies or really had any relationship to them. They had delusions of grandeur and saw people as tools to use for their own fame. They were never victims of anything. They were the offenders.

This is an excellent article which covers the whole "unpopular kids who couldnt take getting picked on anymore" myth of Columbine.

At last we know why the Columbine killers did it. - By Dave Cullen - Slate Magazine

they did rename it for Europe iirc.
So what's your definition of bullying? and what is this "good" bullying you mention that is necessary? Beating up a kid? Breaking bones? Verbal, mental, emotional harassment? How did you bully kids, how do you justify you doing it, because it was done to you?

Parents would lose custody of their children for committing crimes bullies perpetuate against others.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Bullying can become violent and some victims can't stand up for themselves. I watched a kid who bullied me as a child grow up to be a criminal who mugged senior citizens. I'm glad you're an expert on bullying and know it never escalates. I have a girlfriend who's back was nearly broken by a bully in school, so I know you're sadly mistaken. I was disabled from birth, one good punch to the heart when I was young might have killed me, so please don't tell me that bullying can't seriously hurt you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts