Next Generation Emulation banner

Are you able to donate for NGEmu's new server using PayPal ?

• Yes, already got my CC handy :)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A small amount, sure

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Nope, sorry

Votes: 9 37.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
After the last one was a bit messy, I thought it'd be better with a poll ... here's the situation :

We're moving on a new server to escape from limitations on our old host. While they do a great job in hosting us, it's not possible to install certain modules, develop certain stuff, and setting up a simple e-mail takes between 1 and 3 weeks. On the other hand, we'll allow some other sites on emulation world, to finally get back working again ... these arcade sounds for example, and that's a great thing.

Now getting started costs us 400$ ... Our host kindly gives us 100$ to get started, I myself donate 50$ into it ... that's 250$ left then. Now when 25 people would donate 10$, we'd be able to get started, but I myself simply don't have the money right now to pay for it.

Donations should be done using PayPal, if you sign up and validate your account, you are even able to get an additional 5$ for free. Banner clicks currently don't really help us as the banners are from the host and not ours. :(

$$$ left until new server : 250$/300$

So everyone who donates please vote for that in the above poll, and maybe leave an esteminate what you'd be able to share. Of course, we'll think of something nice for these who donated once we're able to earn something with the server ... maybe a mass order of one of these N64->PSX converters ? We'll see :)

Thanks to everyone who is able to share, and everyone else who helps making this a nice place to be.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hey Bobbi, what about those that don't have an Bank Account? Is it still possible to donate money some how? I've been clicking on the Ads but apperently its usless... Can I send some money by mail or something?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrmm, that's a damn good question ... as we plan to get it until next weekend, I think when you send it out in time it'd be possible (when I know it's out I'd just pay the money myself and wait for the letter to arrive). Just make sure to put it into a letter you can't easily look into and send it over ;)

Oh yeah people, please post the ~ amount you're able to donate, I'll update the counter in the first post according to that then :)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
Drats, PayPal doesn't operate here in our country.... :( maybe ill just slip it in a christmas card instead. ;)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Donations should be done using PayPal, if you sign up and validate your account, you are even able to get an additional 5$ for free. Banner clicks currently don't really help us as the banners are from the host and not ours.

Bobbi: When people sign up for a PayPal account and use you as the referral, you get either $2.50 or $5.00 right there (assuming that deal is still going on).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Originally posted by Metalmurphy
Hey Bobbi, what about those that don't have an Bank Account? Is it still possible to donate money some how? I've been clicking on the Ads but apperently its usless... Can I send some money by mail or something?
i haven't seen that many ads on the boards lately (knock on wood)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Originally posted by Neojag
can we send PT money and u exchange it there?
I was goin to post that problem here too! Can we send it in Escudos, or should we wait for the Euro to Arrive? :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure how useful that'd be ... I think exchanging it costs 8 DM (4$) ... the euro is a solution, yeah ... but not available before next year ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bobbi, after I pay my bills, I see what I have left. I'm pretty sure I can come up w/$10 by paypal to help NGEmu out. I'll let you know soon.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by Bobbi
Not sure how useful that'd be ... I think exchanging it costs 8 DM (4$) ... the euro is a solution, yeah ... but not available before next year ;)
hum, that sucks :\

dont u have an account were we can use regular credit cards to transfer our money to?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Neojag

hum, that sucks :\

dont u have an account were we can use regular credit cards to transfer our money to?
That IS what PayPal is about ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not "A PayPal".

PayPal is an online paying system ... you sign up, they ask you for your (regular bank) credit card number, and from there on, you can send money from your credit card to other PayPal accounts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I could give something like 20-30$ at the end of the months, but i'd prefer an another way to pay. I don't like those site (paypal, etc...).
Is a regular bank transfert possible ?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't you already have the server? ... I thought you were waiting for it today?

Update:
#ngemu's topic on IRC "NGEmu has it's own, fast, kickass (you get it) server now !!"

All that money you guys donated must have come in handy. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Corrrrrrrrrrect, since 2 am yesterday night, NGEmu owns it's own, dedicated server. This has been done as we learned that the host we're getting them from is running out of them and they aren't sure when new ones will be available.

Right now, I myself carried about 220$ of the costs involved with it, so I hope I can still count on these guys who participated in this thread.

More news about the server coming soon !

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Im thinking..............!...something good.......!..........5$ is not a big amount............I have around..........let me see..........15$ in my pants right know......excluding the price of my thing........eheh.........but if I send you a draft it would cost me round 30$ more..........from Pakistan..ur in Germany right.........!....hmmmm..........let me think a bit more..........!

Ali

1 - 20 of 31 Posts