Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some partition problems.

1) i installed 2 os (window and linux ) on my com.

2) i deleted the partition for linux.

3) after that, i tried to delete the primary dos partition, but it say : cant delete primary dos partition on drive 1 when an extended dos partition exists..

4) thats ok, then i tried to delete the extended dos partition, and now it say : cant delete dos partition while logical drives exists...

5) so, i tried to delete the logical dos drive in the extended dos partition, and it say : no logical drive defined.All logical drives deleted in the extended dos partition...

that suck...now i can only use 2.1 gig out of 4.3 gig of my harddisk....

anyone know how to solve this problem?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
first tell what you really want to do.. is it to delete all partitions or just resize the existing dos partition to 4.3 gigs?.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that possible to resize the existing dos partition to 4.3 gigs?
if so, i really need to know how, if it cant be done, i would like to delete all the partitions.

thanks in advance.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
cant you use partition magic to remerge partitions?
Im sure you can find it or a trial version on powerquests site.
4.3gig, how can you get by with just that ammount of space?
I've got 3 drives in my comp,all IBM deskstars a 13gig a 42gig and a 61gig :D
JAZ

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is kinda weird when i try to delete 'A' and 'A' asks me to delete 'B' before i can delete it.then when i try to delete 'B', 'B' asks me to delete 'C' before i can delete it.Then i try to delete 'C' and it tell me 'C' does not exists..... and it makes an endless loop which make me cant do anything.... :(

·
5,568 Posts
have you tried rebooting first, then try to delete the partitions again? howbout trying that first..

yes there are software like partition magic, system commander, etc that can resize the partition for you.. but try rebooting first, it seems the partition table is not being updated...

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Xeven
have you tried rebooting first, then try to delete the partitions again? howbout trying that first..

yes, i did...... :( :(

i just checked the powerquest.com , but too bad ...

the demo description....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in trying PartitionMagic. PowerQuest offers a non-functioning demo version of this product. It will allow you to see how the product works, but it will not partition your drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some more , it is over 20 megabytes........

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tried to delete all the partitions about 1 - 2 months ago, and i try to do it again today, but...still the same results.. :( :confused:

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Xeven
and yeah, this is the one i use for partitioning and resizing.. im cheap i tell yah;)
am i going to become 'cheap' too since i am going to use it??? :confused:

thanks alot! :) :)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by onejaz
4.3gig, how can you get by with just that ammount of space?
I've got 3 drives in my comp,all IBM deskstars a 13gig a 42gig and a 61gig :D
JAZ
well.. it is not enough....but i have to bear with it before i can get a new harddisk :(

·
5,568 Posts
well actually your system specs are pretty good Nightmare, its quite powerful, guess you'll prolly buy a bigger hd to match those specs huh?:)

um, did it work? the partition thing i mean.. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts