Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I started a Parasite Eve game on my real PSX, but then transfered the saved game over to play on ePSXe. I was on Disc 1, and played the entire game through, switching to Disk 2 when it said. In playing the game, I used the savestate feature and never saved to the memory card, however now I want to save to the memory card, because once you beat the game it lets you do a final save but it won't let me. I save in the game normal and it shows it saving to the card but it doesn't actually save to the card when I restart or open the memory card to check what saves are on it. Anyone else had this problem? I am not sure if it is a problem because the game is two cd's or becuase I used the savestates or what. Any help would be great.

Btw, the savestates act kinda funny with multiple cd games it seems. For instance, if I am on CD 2 of PE and save a state then quit ePSXe, when I play again, the save state won't load unless I first put CD 1 in then change discs to CD 2...anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Brumbek
Btw, the savestates act kinda funny with multiple cd games it seems. For instance, if I am on CD 2 of PE and save a state then quit ePSXe, when I play again, the save state won't load unless I first put CD 1 in then change discs to CD 2...anyone else notice this?
Your can cure this by renaming your saved state to match the product code of CD 2. Use Notepad and open up the system.cnf file on your PSX CD, you should see: 'BOOT = cdrom:\SCES_123.80;1', for example (this is for Gran Turismo 2). Rename your CD 2 saved state to match the SCES_123.80 number plus add .000 to make it state number 1, .001 for state 2 etc. (eg. SCES_123.80.003.000). You should then be able to use that saved state with the right CD.

Regarding your other point, there is a tool that imports and exports the memory card from your saved state, I think you can get this from www.aldostools.com. Also, you might want to try renaming the two temp.000 and temp.001 files in your ePSXe memcards folder to temp.mcr and try to load them into ePSXe.

Good luck, :cool:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Hey everyone,

I started a Parasite Eve game on my real PSX, but then transfered the saved game over to play on ePSXe. I was on Disc 1, and played the entire game through, switching to Disk 2 when it said. In playing the game, I used the savestate feature and never saved to the memory card, however now I want to save to the memory card, because once you beat the game it lets you do a final save but it won't let me. I save in the game normal and it shows it saving to the card but it doesn't actually save to the card when I restart or open the memory card to check what saves are on it. Anyone else had this problem? I am not sure if it is a problem because the game is two cd's or becuase I used the savestates or what. Any help would be great.

That's because you're using savestates. It's a normal behavior, to avoid overwrittting your memorycards whenever you load a savestate. Read in the ePSXe FAQ (link below) a more detailed explanation on this, and how to fix it.

http://www.psxemu.com/epsxe/download/ePSXe_FAQ.txt

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all three of you for the help, I wasn't aware of the FAQ so please forgive me, I figured it was something simple. So anyway, I am sorry for wasting about 5 minutes of your lives. And thanks UncleClive in particular, I LOVE YOU ALL.

S

·
0 Posts
No request for help is a waste of time. We've all been there at one time or another. I know I have many times.:emb: Glad you were able to get help. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Thank all three of you for the help, I wasn't aware of the FAQ so please forgive me, I figured it was something simple. So anyway, I am sorry for wasting about 5 minutes of your lives. And thanks UncleClive in particular, I LOVE YOU ALL.
No problem, feel free to ask a question whenever you need it... that's the main reason for these boards. :)

[]s Badaro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts