Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Eh??
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I DID searched the forums for this proble, but most threads on PE2 are quite old...

Anyway, PE2 works great on EPSXE 1.5.2. But, after I beat some creature (that one on the cafeteria), the game crashes when the other cop come to help me. I could get past it on 1.6.0, but this scene is VERY slow in it.

So I was wondering if this is a known problem, and if PSXeven have this problem asswell. Also, is there a way to fix it?

Here's some info:
-Playing from the CD (my HD is full, so I can't make an iso file...);
-Using Pete's OGL2 plugin;
-Ethernal plugin for the sound;
-Using the 1001 bios.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well i dunno if PSXeven has this problem as well why dont you try it :p go ahead and try that and SSSPSX and see what the results are.

what CD plugin are you using?

· Eh??
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I tried PSXeven, and I got the same problem. I did an ISO image (I had to delete some Inuyasha episodes ;) ) and I STILL got thhis problem. Then I changed the sound plugin to the Internal EPSXE one. I got past this point, but the game crashed some seconds later...

So I'm all out of ideas...

BTW hushypushy, don't you feel that that yellow smillie on your sig do NOT belong there??

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
try using Peops software plugin. it's the most compatible.

yeah, if you remember from the end of 2003's huge fiasco with my uncensored girls kissing sig, i had to take that out. the smiley is a humorous jab at those good times ;)

· Registered
378 Posts
try pressing START during the sequence to bypass the whole sequence. It may be something specific to that. I've played through the whole game on 1.5.2 and 1.6.0, but I always skip talk sequences and the cutscenes, so I may not have run into any problems.

KINDOF SPOILER, but not really.

You'll also get massive slowdown when you get to neo ark. Something about the water makes the game go really really slow.

· Registered
1 Posts
Parasite Eve 2 / ePSXe v.1.6.0

Hi, this is my first post to this message board. I just wanted to say that I'm playing PE2 right now and it runs great, with none of the problems you mentioned. Savestates are working too. (though I also use the memory card saving) I had to change a couple of the graphics plugin settings to get area screens to display correctly. The only problems it still has are the minor graphics glitches that most emulated PSX games have, and a few sound skips in cutscenes that is probably due to graphics not being fast enough. Here are the current settings being used, in case it could help you figure out why it isn't working in those scenes.
BIOS: scph7502.bin
Video: Pete's OGL 1.75 FS800x600x32
Textures: quality=R8 G8 B8 A8, Hi-res textures=0
Filtering=6, VRam=Autodetect
Framerate: Use FPS limit, Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit
Compatibility: OSD=3, textures=2, access=0 (had to set this to 0 to see the world), Alpha MultiPass
No special game fixes or smoothing. I think most of these are the default settings anyway.
Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2
Enable Sound, CDDA, XA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.