Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!!

Ive seen a similar problem listed on the forums before, but if anyones actually managed to fix it, theyve not said how!

So Ive got Parasite Eve 2, the USA version SLUS-01042. When you are in the square of akropolis tower, and you walk onto the escalator, the game crashes. In ePSXe, the error is "SPEC Opcode 1c UNK (PC 00000080) (00000080) (random number) (random number). For people reading this, the random number bit is literally that.. the numbers change each time!

So Ive tried different plugins for Graphics, Sound and CD (about 5 different ones of each).. No luck there! :-(

Tried using CD's and ISO's (of varying flavours)..No luck there! :-(

Tried using:

ePSXe
PCSX 1.5
PSInex Revision 5
PSx 1.10
PSXeven
SSSPsx
XEBRA
VGS

And Ive tried a laptop as well as my desktop! Both running fully up to date XP versions.

Oh, and Ive tried different BIOS revisions!!

Has anyone had any luck getting the USA SLUS-01042 version running?
Do all versions USA, European, Japanese have this problem?
Most importantly has anyone managed to fix this?
If not... I dont suppose anyone would happen to have a savegame thats just past this point of the game would they??

Oh... and anyone actually know what the SPEC Opcode refers to hardware wise? Im guessing its actually refering to what the actual processor is doing rather than the graphics card, sound card, etc etc.....

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
Hello willuk and welcome to NGemu forums.
In the troubleshooting FAQ:
the game crashes with an opcode error

* Your CD may be corrupted. clean it off or make an ISO out of it.
* Try using a different graphics plugin
* Use a different emulator
* Don't use save states (load off memory card).
So all I can suggest you is to try making a new iso following this.
If it doesn't work, your CDs are surely badly scratched and you'll need to buy another copy.

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
Have you tried using SSSPSX with peops soft driver 1.17 for ssspsx? I've had problem with the game completely freezing when entering certain rooms on epsxe. All I did was load my save in ssspsx with that GPU; entered the room and saved, then it was all good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Doh...

Hi guys cheers for the replys!

Dynamo.. dont suppose you happen to have a USA version savegame just past the square in akropolis tower do you?? Million to one chance!!

Results are as follows:

CLONE CD OPTION: Annoyingly, burning a backup cd with CloneCD hasnt worked (followed it to the letter!!) and Im confident my orginal is a 100% happy CD. Not only isnt it scratched or dirty, but I also found a reference to someone who had suffered exacly the same problem at the same place in the game.. Though as I said before, they never wrote a solution if they ever found one! Think its pretty slim chances that 2 people have exactly the same problem with the USA version at exactly the same place due to their cd being funny at exactly the same place.... slim... but possible I suppsose mind!

SSSPSX OPTION: Ive had no luck getting 0.34e working on any of the 3 computers Ive tried it on (All XP sp2, but varying hardware e.g. Intel, AMD, drives, graphics cards etc etc).... Either it crashes with a debug error message OR it gets to the bios booting screen and sits there..... humph :eek:( So maybe this option will work for the people who can get SSSPSX running!!!

It may just be a quirk of the USA version CD's, as there seem to be plenty of people running the european version (as far as I can tell) without problems.

Im going to try the PEOPS GPU on a few of the other emulators and see if I can get anywhere with this...... and unless anyone else has any other thoughts???? Then I can only think of the final actions of a desperate man.... (how desperate can you be to play a game hey?? lol) and turn to the wonderful world of ebay and see if I can buy a european version on there.. then hope that it does work!!!

So baring any other thoughts from anyone, I will update if I have any amazing breakthroughs!!

Cheers again guys! :eek:)

Ive found the link to the previous person who had exacly the same problem (with the NTSC.. so assuming USA) version.

http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/22070-parasite-eve-2-problem.html

Does like its been a long running bug!!

·
Unrelenting
2,286 Posts
SSSPSX OPTION: Ive had no luck getting 0.34e working on any of the 3 computers Ive tried it on (All XP sp2, but varying hardware e.g. Intel, AMD, drives, graphics cards etc etc).... Either it crashes with a debug error message OR it gets to the bios booting screen and sits there..... humph :eek:( So maybe this option will work for the people who can get SSSPSX running!!!
Are you sure you are loading it up right? Are you selecting the right drive on the emu? Are you using daemon tools? I find with ssspsx to have a few virtual drives for images then just select the virtual drive with the game is a good way to go.

Dynamo.. dont suppose you happen to have a USA version savegame just past the square in akropolis tower do you?? Million to one chance!!
Sorry :( but you should be able to use ssspsx to do this i think something is just being overlooked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hummmm... Doh

Hi Dynamo

Cheers again for the reply :eek:) Ive tried SSSPSX in just about every concievable config I can think of (prob about 40 configurations.. inc changing bios too) and it always crashes out on me..... very strange as Im sure it does work... just for some reason, not on any of my machines.. including my virgin, but up to date, windows xp system.

I did after a bit of messing around, get PSXeven to load up and run PE2, and load my savegame. But it crashed out with a similar Opcode type message at exactly the same point! Theres one final thing Im going to try... which is unlikely as anything.... Im going to run the game fresh, not from a savegame.. and see what happens...... unlikely... but.. worth the final effort!!

Will let you know!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE YAY :eek:)

*** Its working *** Its working *** Its working *** Its working ***

Ok, Its working.. after fully re-starting the game from scratch! Ive used ePSXe 1.6.....

Settings are: Peops Video driver (everything turned down to minimum) and the framerate is limited to 100FPS. Eternal SPU plugin 1.41 (standard settings). ePSXe CD rom plugin.

And.. its happy to load the game from the save and run....Mind you, it doesnt show the same animation again.. so the chances of it crashing at that point are now pretty slim! (The old savegame still crashes it!!! Interesting hey?!?)

But should anyone ever suffer the same problem.. and doesnt want to go through the hassle of starting from scratch (even though it only takes about 15 minutes).. Ive handily uploaded the savegame in mcr format!! (see attachment)

Guess we will see what happens now in the rest of the game!!

Big thanks for the help!! :eek:) And, I guess its good to know that a OPcode error isnt always a CD rom problem....(or in this case... Image file)!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New crash-free Akropolis post-escalator save.

Thanks for the included .mcr save willuk. I tried it on mine and it worked. However, I also wished to try out using my own GPU settings and pimped out stats in other saves :evil:.

So, using the -nocdinc command line for the ePSXe exe file (I discovered this method for the PAL version error in this thread: http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=12249). Somehow, even though my PE 2 is a US version, loading from a previous save and going through Replay worked without crashing at that infernal escalator.

My computer is running ePSXe 1.7.0 on Windows 7 64-bit. The plugins used are Pete's OpenGL2 v2.9 (seems to work well for my NVidia GeForce card), and the included (with v1.7.0), generic ePSXe ASPI CD-ROM and SPU sound plugins.

I have included attachment of an mcr format save with 3 save locations: MIST parking, the Square (4) just after going successfully up Akropolis escalator and Square (6) after meeting No. 9 and getting Red key as well as raising the bridge. Save has all extras included (Hypervelocity, Gunblade equipped, Monk Robe, etc. in items and maxed out stats. If you like, do try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote = "willuk, post: 1082805, membro: 82877"] UPDATE YAY : eek:)

*** Está funcionando *** Está funcionando *** Está funcionando *** Está funcionando ***

Ok, está funcionando .. depois de reiniciar totalmente o jogo do zero! Eu usei o ePSXe 1.6 .....

As configurações são: O driver de vídeo do Peops (tudo foi reduzido ao mínimo) e o framerate está limitado a 100FPS. Eterno SPU plugin 1.41 (configurações padrão). Plugin ePSXe CD rom.

E .. é feliz de carregar o jogo do salvar e executar .... Mente você, ele não mostra a mesma animação novamente .. então as chances de ele cair nesse ponto agora são muito magro! (O antigo savegame ainda trava! Interessante, hey?!?)

Mas alguém deve sofrer o mesmo problema .. e não quer passar pelo incômodo de começar do zero (mesmo que só leva cerca de 15 minutos) .. Eu carreguei com facilidade o savegame em formato mcr! (ver anexo)

Acho que vamos ver o que acontece agora no resto do jogo !!

Muito obrigado pela ajuda !! : eek:) E, eu acho que é bom saber que um erro de OPcode nem sempre é um problema de CD rom ... (ou neste caso ... arquivo de imagem)!

Felicidades! [/ Quote]
estou com mesmo problema ..onde esta o save depois da escada? anexo? para mim baixar?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
estou com mesmo problema ..onde esta o save depois da escada? anexo? para mim baixar?

WOW... an 11 year old thread!! ... I still have this email address.

It looks like they have upgraded the forums on here, so the attachment is gone or deleted?

I do roughly remember this problem though..... and yes, my solution above, which was to turn down ALL the graphical settings to near minimum, get past that point in the game, save it, then you could turn all the graphical settings back up. After that point in the game, I never suffered the issue again and played it through to completion.

Perhaps the other suggestion of "-nocdinc" command line may also work or be useful.

Or, if they never fixed the problem in epsxe.... perhaps you could try https://mednafen.github.io/ which is still developed.

Theres no chance I still have the savegame from back then. Sorry.

Good luck though!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE YAY :eek:)

* Its working * Its working * Its working * Its working ***

Ok, Its working.. after fully re-starting the game from scratch! Ive used ePSXe 1.6.....

Settings are: Peops Video driver (everything turned down to minimum) and the framerate is limited to 100FPS. Eternal SPU plugin 1.41 (standard settings). ePSXe CD rom plugin.

And.. its happy to load the game from the save and run....Mind you, it doesnt show the same animation again.. so the chances of it crashing at that point are now pretty slim! (The old savegame still crashes it!!! Interesting hey?!?)

But should anyone ever suffer the same problem.. and doesnt want to go through the hassle of starting from scratch (even though it only takes about 15 minutes).. Ive handily uploaded the savegame in mcr format!! (see attachment)

Guess we will see what happens now in the rest of the game!!

Big thanks for the help!! :eek:) And, I guess its good to know that a OPcode error isnt always a CD rom problem....(or in this case... Image file)!

Cheers!
where the hell is this damn attacthment with the save? nothing showing that i can see keep having this issue on numersous sites

1 - 11 of 11 Posts