Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am having a little trouble trying to get the sound working 100% with PE2.

When I change scenes, that is open a door - not just move the screen further - the sound lags strangely. There is no drop in FPS, and the fade works fine, but the song thats playing at the time seems to slow down and then catch up with itself.

Its most obvious at the very start, when you exit the training room and the first song begins to play.

Im using epsxe 1.70, and have tried the built in SPU plugin, Eternal 1.41 and 1.50b2. All result in the same lag regardless of the settings I try.

As there isnt a drop in FPS, I cant think its the GPU settings, but I dont know what else it could be. Using OpenGL, DX6 D3D or DX7 D3D all have more annoying errors related to them such as Aya and the HP/MP bar disappearing when the screen fades. OpenGL2 has only this sound-related error.

My settings for OpenGL2 are as follows - I have tried almost all configs (save for game-fixes) and none make the game look any better/run faster, so I think I have them set OK, but just in case:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1900

Resolution/Color:
- 1920x1200 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: ”

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 256 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 5/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]
#

Sound settings at the moment are Eternal 1.50b2, Directsound/32buffer, SPUasync/Simple, No fixes, No misc, Iori's reverb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts