Next Generation Emulation banner

Parasite Eve 2 memory card

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ Die 
#1 · (Edited)
Some time ago I made a significant progress with Parasite Eve 2 (NTSC version). Yesterday I bought the same game, but PAL version and in French. The game does not accept my previous memory card, neither save states are working. Is there any way to make it work despite different regions and languages?

#3 ·
In fact, I downloaded some memory cards with PAL version PE2 saves. They are not working either! Then I noticed that my English PE2 produced saves in English (this language was also present in - probably - British version saves of PE2), and the one in French - easy to guess in what language. It means that regions are not the only problem. Languages are as well.

Any ideas how to make at least British saves on my French PE2? What about savestates (from NTSC to PAL)?

#4 ·
>Any ideas how to make at least British saves on my French PE2?

If it don't work by using the same region, there's no way I know of to get htem working.

>What about savestates (from NTSC to PAL)?

Savestates are even more region specific than savegames. Think about it, a savestate is a complete memory dump from the PSX at a specific moment. It'd be like suddenly replacing the PAL FFX disc with the NTSC disc. There are enough changes to make it go 'uh' and most likely crash

#5 · (Edited)
Kane said:
>Any ideas how to make at least British saves on my French PE2?

If it don't work by using the same region, there's no way I know of to get htem working.

>What about savestates (from NTSC to PAL)?

Savestates are even more region specific than savegames. Think about it, a savestate is a complete memory dump from the PSX at a specific moment. It'd be like suddenly replacing the PAL FFX disc with the NTSC disc. There are enough changes to make it go 'uh' and most likely crash
hmm fortunately my country is 2 small so they dont traslate games to czech language and they import english or german versions all my games on PS are english :heh:

#6 ·
hmm fortunately my country is 2 small so they dont traslate games to czech language and they import english or german versions all my games on PS are enlgish
Well, my country is 2 times smaller than Czeck Republic, so onsole games are never translated in Lithuanian nor they are IMPORTED from other countries. As far as I have have seen, PSone, PS2, and Nintendo GC consoles are available in our electronic shops. You can also choose from 20 to 30 PS2 games, about 15 Nintendo GC and about 5 Xbox. You must really DUMB to buy a Nintendo GC as you will never find any memory card, and those Xbox games make me laugh - where will you get a console from???

And just because I know someone who lives in France I succeeded to buy some legal PSone games. That is quite unusual in my country as no one is interested in buying or importing them. You can't even buy them over the Internet, because there are no sites that would dispatch cosole games to my country.

And about those saves... I think the French version memory card data is exactly the same except for some kind of indicator that shows a different linguistic version. For instance, in the British PE2 saves the MIST parking was recorded like "MIST parking", in the French "Parking du MIST" (I can see that in Memory card section of BIOS). Interesing why SONY made the same region memory card data incompatible with other linguistic versions.

#7 ·
You tried getting games from play.com? I used to import a lot of stuff via them.

#9 ·
Lik-sang?

#10 ·
Evaldas said:
Well, my country is 2 times smaller than Czeck Republic, so onsole games are never translated in Lithuanian nor they are IMPORTED from other countries. As far as I have have seen, PSone, PS2, and Nintendo GC consoles are available in our electronic shops. You can also choose from 20 to 30 PS2 games, about 15 Nintendo GC and about 5 Xbox. You must really DUMB to buy a Nintendo GC as you will never find any memory card, and those Xbox games make me laugh - where will you get a console from???
yeah thats problem in post comunict countries but it will improve trust me some 10 it was same here
Kane from your sig i asume you are big fam of Hell sing right?

#11 ·
> Kane from your sig i asume you are big fam of Hell sing right?

Somewhat, what of it?

>yeah thats problem in post comunict countries but it will improve trust me some 10 it was same here

Uh? Where was it like? and what does 'some 10 it was same here' mean anyway?

#12 ·
Kane said:
Uh? Where was it like? and what does 'some 10 it was same here' mean anyway?
oh sry 10 years
im from Czech republic i wrote it somewhere in this thread we had revolution in 1992 its called velvet revolution because it was achieved without single shot
good to see fellow Hell sing fan :thumb: in my country Hell sing isnt know much:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.