Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
There are supposed to be lot more problems in PE-2 than only hanging at that squaresoft logo.If that was the only problem someone would have released a save state from new beta version of epsxe after that hanging point and game would have worked in epsxe 1.4 as well using that save state.
Anyway just thinking that some beta tester can still test about it and see how long it works from save state in epsxe 1.4
May be Bobbi?

·
Registered
12,014 Posts
Based on some comments he has made (and news posts), it looks like Bobbi is (was?) indeed helping out with Parasite Eve 2. I don't know if anyone else with the testing team is, but he definitely is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,
I was afraid of that answer...heh..oh well i guess i can wait for the next release of epsxe; not that i have much choice :). BTW what is so different about PE2 that it's so hard eo emulate...just curious.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Viperx25
Thanks guys,
I was afraid of that answer...heh..oh well i guess i can wait for the next release of epsxe; not that i have much choice :). BTW what is so different about PE2 that it's so hard eo emulate...just curious.
Try psinex it should run pe2 very well on your specs.In fact its the best performing emulator for PE2 right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

Well your right, psinex works better than epsxe and actually runs the game but not very well. I've gotten it running fairly well but still not as good as i'd like. The sound in tghe MDECS is really choppy especially with plugins like petes dsound and eternal. it's a really fast chop, almost like the helecopter like sounding chop of interference on a tv....heh best way i can describe it sorry :). i think i've worked it down to the fps just arne't up high enough for the sound to play right.it works ok with pete's midas driver 1.35 and i'm using pet'es opengl 1.55 in the fast setting as that seems the better than soft or d3d. is this the best i can do? it obviously isn't my pc so is it just psinex's lack of ability?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
woo! got it working perfectly now with petes 1.56 OGL and Petes Dsound 1.14! Got the OGL settings maxed too with 4x fsaa :). looks incredible!!! until i get into the game...heh :(. as soon as i get to the tower i get a black screen. the cdrom is still reading, it appears, but nothing happens.....what's wrong now :(. Any ideas? this is with psinex rev 4, Petes OGL 1.56, and Petes dsound 1.14.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
woo! got it working perfectly now with petes 1.56 OGL and Petes Dsound 1.14! Got the OGL settings maxed too with 4x fsaa :). looks incredible!!! until i get into the game...heh :(. as soon as i get to the tower i get a black screen. the cdrom is still reading, it appears, but nothing happens.....what's wrong now :(. Any ideas? this is with psinex rev 4, Petes OGL 1.56, and Petes dsound 1.14.

Thanks.
Did you read the thread well?
You need to pass that part in either Bleem! or FPSë.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
oops.....no, i can't read :). sorry bout that heh. thanks for your help all. Anyone know why psinex can run PE2 and epsxe can't? just curious....
Coz psinex team(and other emu authors) discovered the bug that was protecting the game from running properly after the release of epsxe 1.4 .Since then as there have been no release of epsxe so it doesnt work in epsxe.As soon as there is another release of epsxe(the beta version is out) it will work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.