Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

First of all, thanks to the team of people responsible for making the emulator. Was able to relive many great memories thanks to it.

I have downloaded and played quite a few games, always flawlessly. Then comes this bad boy... PaRappa the Rapper. Possibly the first full game I've ever played on Playstation 1 back in the day.

The game launches fine, intro FMV (the one where PaRappa and his friends go and order from the fast-food after watching a movie at the theatre) plays fine... Then the loading screen disappears into a white screen. That's where the Start Menu should prompt: it doesn't, no matter how long I wait. This comes as a surprise as I didn't think such a game would need special requirements. Anyway, any clue on how to fix this?

I have tried both USA and Europe versions of the ROM (Europe version won't start at all). I have tried meddling around with the video plugin (tried each I had in the list: no dice). CPU overlocking is set on 1x (never changed it). I have tried both slow and fast CPU modes, no effect.

I run on Windows 10, processor is Intel Xeon Gold 5118 @ 2.30GHz, 64GB ram.

One solution I've found was to rename the files and leave the commas out: that didn't work.

Any clue on how to fix this? I really want to be able to replay this relic lol

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Not a Registered User
1,381 Posts
Nope, this forum is very old and pretty much dead and your issues is an oddball as ePSXe plays Parrapa fine.
The only thing that comes to mind is to make sure that HLE emulation is disabled and that you have a proper BIOS file selected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts