Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to run Paperboy for Xbox on PC but how do I do it? Dxbx only runs .xbw files and the game that I got doesn't have extension. When I tried re-naming it to .xbe I got the message that magic number is not correct.

I thought there wouldn't be much problem running this game trough emulators since it's not graphically demanding and it's only 50 MB. So is there a way of running this game on my WinXP?

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Ok so I want to run Paperboy for Xbox on PC but how do I do it? Dxbx only runs .xbw files and the game that I got doesn't have extension. When I tried re-naming it to .xbe I got the message that magic number is not correct.

I thought there wouldn't be much problem running this game trough emulators since it's not graphically demanding and it's only 50 MB. So is there a way of running this game on my WinXP?
Are you aware that Dxbx is an Xbox 1 emulator, not 360?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yeah to be frank I didn't even know there was Xbox 1 or do I even know what's the difference between them. But I see now that xbox version of Paperboy is not much different then the old one so I guess why bother anyway? But I also see that there's much better version of Paperboy for iphone but I guess there's no emulator for that.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Well yeah to be frank I didn't even know there was Xbox 1 or do I even know what's the difference between them. But I see now that xbox version of Paperboy is not much different then the old one so I guess why bother anyway? But I also see that there's much better version of Paperboy for iphone but I guess there's no emulator for that.
Paperboy was released MANY platforms since 1984. If you want to play that badly, I recommend you emulate one of those platforms instead. Btw, there's only one known iPhone emulator, but it was a source-only release (meaning you need a compiler to build it) and it isn't functional enough to emulate anything more advanced than an iPhone 2G and the touch screen doesn't work yet last time I checked.

Wait, you've NEVER heard of Xbox1? How old are you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yeah I'm 104 so that's why I never heard much about Xbox. But really I'm not into games it's just that my nephew likes to play that old Paperboy on emulators and I thought to look up if there were any newer versions of it and there were but only for iphone and some awful one for some N64.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.