Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I think one was in the works but Nintendum put there noses in it so the guys who made it can't release it anymore.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
ummm, I know they have GBA emulators for the pocket PC, not shure about the Palm OS.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Pocket PC seems to have all the good emu's :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Palms have no powerful processor. The Handspring Visor Deluxe I own only has a 44MHz processor. Also the more modern Pocket PCs only have a processor of around 400MHz, so even if GBA emulation was avaliable, there would be serious slowdowns.

In conclusion, Palms are out of the picture for NGemulation. Until Pocket PCs start to pack more speed, it will also be impossible too

·
Registered
845 Posts
Kirby said:
Palms have no powerful processor. The Handspring Visor Deluxe I own only has a 44MHz processor. Also the more modern Pocket PCs only have a processor of around 400MHz, so even if GBA emulation was avaliable, there would be serious slowdowns.

In conclusion, Palms are out of the picture for NGemulation. Until Pocket PCs start to pack more speed, it will also be impossible too
I think newer palms use ARM processors as apposed to the old dragonballs, so they can have the same clock-speed now as PPCs. So in theory emulation on modern palms is perfectly feasable.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Um, my Palm Zire 72 packs a PXA270 312 MHz processor which is one of the higher end XScale models. And, I have it running at 520 MHz btw. So in other words, emulation might be possible for these systems. Oh, and what would cause serious slowdowns? The GBA emulation? I mean they did get a running PSX emulator for PPCs right?

Why does Pocket PC steal all the emulators leaving few for Palm? :(

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
I have a GBA emu for my HP IPAQ Pocket PC. The IPAQ boasts a 400mhz X-Scale processor which runs the GBA Emu at full speed. The Emu is called Morph Gear. BTW, the GBA does not have a 400mhz processor. At least not as far as I know it doesn't.
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yes, but you should have a much faster processor to emulate it. Anything arounf or above 200Mhz should be fine - in Pocket PC processors anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts