Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a legitimate copy of Final Fantasy VII PAL that I wish to convert to NTSC for an improved playing experience.

I'd like to use ePSXe to test the conversion process.
I've made an image of the file using Alcohol 120% in CCD format and I'd patch the .IMG using Zapper2K.

However, whenever I try mounting the image and running it in ePSXe after it is converted, I always get a SPEC OPCODE error. (Not only that but if I try running it in a PS1 it runs but it's still in PAL, so it's probably not the fault of ePSXe). It works perfectly BEFORE I patch it. I've used other patching programs too other than Zapper2k.

How do I fix this problem? I've also tried creating BIN/CUE using ImgBrn but nothing else changes.

I remember I once got this working a long time ago, but I can't remember for the life of me how to do it now.

(I'm running Windows 7 x64)

Thank you.

·
Registered
603 Posts
PSPrl! - Dettagli documento

You need to run this before using Zapper.

Quoting a guide here:
this how to is taken from site PSPrl! - Home
credits go to DavideBattista
ive only translated from italian :

WHAT needs

- PAL TO NTSC CONVERTER PSPrl! - Dettagli documento
- zapper 2000 V5.64 (use google)

HOW USE THEM
- make iso of your pal game
- open pal4u2k.exe in the archive of Pal to ntsc converter
- Select Pal to Ntsc and clic on "find seqs"
- you will obtain a file that ends with *.p4u
- open p4upatch.exe in the archive and apply patch to ypur iso with the file *.p4u just created

- The graphic now is fixed

-open zapper4k.exe in the archive zapper 2000 V5.64 (use google)
- Select Pal To Ntsc and select your iso just patched
- you will obtain a file patch *.zap .save it
- now patch the iso l (apply Zap)
now you have converted iso pal in ntsc!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thank you very much for your response.

I've already tried using the additional PAL4U program separately, and as a combination with Zapper2k as you have suggested, and it has the same problem: The SPEC OPCODE error still comes up, and the game is still PAL.

I'm almost certain that the error is coming up for the same reason why the game is still PAL.

(I've tried it with multiple different games too - same problem)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'll give it a shot later tonight when I finish setting up my Windows7 installation. Plenty of original PAL discs to experiment with. (Ironically FF7 as well, so I might as well use that).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found the problem - and it's a really strange one. The latest version of Alcohol 120% seems to revert the changes made by the patcher.

I tried burning the file with ImgBurn (but the image was still created with Alcohol 120%) and it worked just fine. I wonder how the hell Alcohol 120% could be change the code, haha.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I see. Well glad you got it working at least.

And it's possible that Alcohol just changes settings to match "PSX CDs" maybe something gets altered there back to default causing the patch to disappear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.