Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a joypad plugged into my computer. How do I make it so I can use it to play games with on ePSXe?

The only option for configuring pads lists official Sony pads in the dropdown which you can't plug into your computer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Technically, you can connect PS2 and PS1 controllers to the PC, you just need a converter (which I'm glad I purchased).

AS for your Joystick, when you are in the game pad menu, click on one the buttons to change. Lets say you want to change the left button to map to the left arrow on your keybaord. You would select the box and then hit the left arrow of your keyboard to map it to that specific key.

Similarly, you can click in the box, and hit the button on your joystick to map to that button. It's a bit seamless in this effect as long as Windows recognizes your Joystick.

If that doesn't work, you can always use an application like JoyToKey or Xpadder to map your joystick to the keyboard keys defaulted in the application.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically, you can connect PS2 and PS1 controllers to the PC, you just need a converter (which I'm glad I purchased).

AS for your Joystick, when you are in the game pad menu, click on one the buttons to change. Lets say you want to change the left button to map to the left arrow on your keybaord. You would select the box and then hit the left arrow of your keyboard to map it to that specific key.

Similarly, you can click in the box, and hit the button on your joystick to map to that button. It's a bit seamless in this effect as long as Windows recognizes your Joystick.

If that doesn't work, you can always use an application like JoyToKey or Xpadder to map your joystick to the keyboard keys defaulted in the application.
Well this is the problem. I can't map keys. Why is this?

Do you need a plugin to be able to change the controls?

Where precisely do you change the controls? In the config menu?

Thanks.

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
check control panel-game pads-advanced that pad is preferred device, & if buttons work in properties it will work in epsxe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.