Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok something else I am looking for :heh: legal of course ;)

Are there any P2P programs out there? I used to use DC++ but the chans require to much most of the time. What do you use and why? kazaa is dead right? No spam installing progys!!!

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
There are only two P2P that I use:

eMule: The best I have used so far. Each file uses a hash link to verify the file so it's almost impossible to download a corrupted file. Multi-source downloads is supported as well, so you can get the file from more than one source. I found a lot of rare files which can't be found other networks. The credit system insures that everybody shares. No leechers on this network. The downside - if you're starting out don't expect to get your downloads right away because of queues and credit system.

Bittorrent: Fast and supports the hashing. The downside is it requires a tracker for it to work - the files don't last long on the network.

IRC: It's not P2P, but it usually fast. Downside is the lack of hashing and queues can be a problem.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
I find bittorrent the best, especially for larger files.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well BT means finding a site that actually has bt's ;)

I mean more like a search interface type p2p prog.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
RZetlin said:
There are only two P2P that I use:

eMule: The best I have used so far. Each file uses a hash link to verify the file so it's almost impossible to download a corrupted file. Multi-source downloads is supported as well, so you can get the file from more than one source. I found a lot of rare files which can't be found other networks. The credit system insures that everybody shares. No leechers on this network. The downside - if you're starting out don't expect to get your downloads right away because of queues and credit system.

yeah you're right but... it's slow, lot's of garbage and fake files :/ this network begins to look like KazAaa

RZetlin said:
Bittorrent: Fast and supports the hashing. The downside is it requires a tracker for it to work - the files don't last long on the network.

very fast network :), as for files, that's not always truth... depends on what you are looking for :) you can find it on emule or bittorrent

RZetlin said:
IRC: It's not P2P, but it usually fast. Downside is the lack of hashing and queues can be a problem.
also you can get bans kicks before you'll be able to download sth. or have to be invited to a channel, and it's not always fast...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>yeah you're right but... it's slow, lot's of garbage and fake files :/ this network begins to look like KazAaa

That's why you don't search. You use the link sites.

>also you can get bans kicks before you'll be able to download sth. or have to be invited to a channel, and it's not always fast...

Yeah, I've never been banned from an IRC channel. It's all about netiquette

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
not allways... remamber that there are those stupid ppl who can ban you for nothing... also when you share IP with somene who got banned, and few othere situations...
BTW. AFAIK I never got banned (serious ban) personaly

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
KanedA said:
yeah you're right but... it's slow, lot's of garbage and fake files :/ this network begins to look like KazAaa
That's why you use websites like fileDonkey to verify the file download.

Even then, when you use the search engine, you can tell if it's a fake or not by looking at the number of sources found. If your looking to download Linux and you found 500 sources for one file and one source for another file, you can be 99% be sure that the 500 source file is the real deal. Besides you can also add comments to a fake file to warn others not to download it.

also you can get bans kicks before you'll be able to download sth. or have to be invited to a channel, and it's not always fast...
Depends on the channel, and whether or not if you have read the rules.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use irc for fansubs :). BT is ok but most BT sites are going down. I'm looking for something like kazaa but better (if it exists) or is DC++ my only hope?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>BT is ok but most BT sites are going down.

Grey sites are staying, but black sites are being targeted.

>I'm looking for something like kazaa but better

You mean any file sharing app other than Kazaa, what with all hte spyware, adware and fakes? For me, as alreay mentioned, there is only eMule and BT. DC++ was a pain and ekafs were rampant.

·
Nobody Knows Him
526 Posts
i'm useing this program called Ares.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found one! It's open-source, has no ads, pop-ups or spyware, completely free, and covers 3 networks! :)

It even has a skin feature! ya I know... more things to skin!!!

I dont know if I should post the link but it's called ShareAZA. I reccomend it highly!

·
Registered
226 Posts
ShareAZA has been on the scene for a long time :p I dont like it. It's also part of the Gnutella network I guess. I prefer IRC and BT. BT for huge files(progs ect). IRC for fansubs :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTComet for me, I like things in c++ :)

Shareaza is Gnutella, Gnutella2, and Edonkey2000. So far I like it and the skins are nice :thumb:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RZetlin said:
Fansubs like Anime Fansubs?

BT and eMule are your only hope.

For eMule, Animereactor is the place is go.
Well of course Anime Fansubs :thumb: Most of the time I'm in animone and anime-kraze's channels. A-Kraze has the fastest bots I get their released way fast ;)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
>BT is ok but most BT sites are going down.

Grey sites are staying, but black sites are being targeted.
But whatever you are looking for, (legal ones or not) especially if you are using torrent search engines, 80% of sites where you end up are quite faaaaar from grey area...

eMule and Edonkey are indeed good ones for rare files, but is sometimes extremely slow, so patience is everything.

KaZaa Lite for quickly getting dirty files. :lol: Just kidding, KaZaa network sucks monkey ballz nowadays.

Is WinMX STILL alive? It was even slower than Emule/Edonkey network, thanks to about 1000 user long queue lines for every darn file.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
damn... you guys have problems with downloading stuff from bittorrent network too (last few days)?...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts