Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, i never had this problem with peopsoft, the plugin usually worked very well, producing nice graphics and running veryfast.

but now for some reason, the driver has become very buggy, causing unexpected emulator crashes, and now producing very choppy graphics, not the smoothed out, well textured graphics im used to seeing for peopsoft.

i don't know what might have caused this, but does anyone know what configuration to use for peopsoft, so i can get back to seeing smooth graphics again?

i've tried other plugins, such as the DX6 and the opengl one, but it has always been peopsoft that worked the best.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
You might want to change your graphic card ;)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
ah, you have a laptop. fireblaster_lyz, thats not crappy, that is a Pentium M ;)

anyway, Vanguard, what is probably happenign is your computer is turning down the CPU speed and that's why. i recommend playing with the power cord in, if you REALLY want to play off battery power you're going to have to turn all the power saving functions off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hushypushy said:
ah, you have a laptop. fireblaster_lyz, thats not crappy, that is a Pentium M ;)

anyway, Vanguard, what is probably happenign is your computer is turning down the CPU speed and that's why. i recommend playing with the power cord in, if you REALLY want to play off battery power you're going to have to turn all the power saving functions off.

no, the power cord is plugged in alright. also, sometimes i get weird error messages when i run the plug-in and then load an iso.

here is a snapshot of the error window:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/183337/error.JPG

again this all has so happened, so i don't know what's wrong with my emulator, or the plugin. i've redownloaded both several times.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
weird. try deleting its registry keys (search for PSemu under registry editor)...

also, try it in a different emulator, like PSXeven or SSSPSX.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hushypushy said:
weird. try deleting its registry keys (search for PSemu under registry editor)...

also, try it in a different emulator, like PSXeven or SSSPSX.

i was under the impression that all other psx emulators are still in the stone age compared to ePSXe, no? or are they comparable?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried psxeven, and it looks pretty solid, but the choppy graphics for the same video plugin (peopsoft) still persists, however.

so psx emulation is similar to n64 in the respect that n64 also has two pretty solid emulators, the project64 and 1964.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
hmm, you got the wrong impression(s) there vanguard.

ePSXe, IMO, is the best emulator. it's the one i use the most. however! PSXeven is excellent as well. PCSX and SSSPSX are a tiny bit behind, but they are both excellent as well. like BRILLIANT said, SSSPSX is under heavy development. watch out for this up and coming emulator :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here's my configuration for peopsoft driver:
can anyone diagnose my problem with the choppy graphics?

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 1

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

also i've found PSXeven doesn't crash as much with this plugin (i mean the results should be the same in either emulator right? since this is a plugin issue, and the peopsoft plugin gives me the same choppy graphics in PSXeven as well)

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
also you could try full-screen mode, I don't know much about the Intel Pentium Graphics Accelerator Card.. but with some cards that help.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
clouds bro said:
what exactly does the dithering do in peops soft plugin? maybe thats the reason the plugin crashes
well, dithering is basically putting 2 different colors together to make your brain thinking there is a third color present, through blending. it's helpful in 16 bit modes because you might not have the particular correct color present.

no one said you couldnt change the settings without us telling you to. go ahead, fiddle around with the settings. your computer won't explode ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.