Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say wich one is your favorite overlooked game! I mean, games that are good, but never got the attention they deserved!

I'll start with two very unknown Sega CD games: Heart of the Alien and Vay.

-Heart of the Alien (the first 7 pics) is the true successor of Out of this World. It starts right after OOTW. But you don't control Lester in this one!
wich is obvious for ppl that finished OOTW! I mean, with most broken bones, and almost dead, it would be hard!!!
Instead you play as that alien who helped Lester in OOTW! Heart of the alien is great, and has a fantastic storyline, way better than OOTW IMHO! I don't know why it was so overlooked!

-Vay (the last 5 pics), the second Working Designs game for the sega cd (it came after Lunar, but before Lunar 2) is a fantastic RPG, with a great storyline and FANTASTIC soundtrack! For some reason, it remained in the shadow of Lunar, but its actually a WAY superior game than Lunar!

Well, so name the most overlooked games you know! Maybe we should give a second chance to games like Vay and HoTA, and MANY others...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I seem to remember there was a thread similar to this before... Anyway, I just want to add that I think Tetrishpere belongs in the best overlooked games category. It was an awesome game with an innovative concept and kickass soundtrack. It just didn't get the attention it deserved because it came from an unknown developer, and no one was interested in puzzle games on the N64 to start out with.

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
__Xzyx987X said:
I seem to remember there was a thread similar to this before...
Similar... but not the same. There was a thead about underrated games, but its not the same! Overlooked games didn't get the attention they deserved, but the few reviews you can find mostly have veru high scores. Vay, for example, get lots of 10, so its not underrated, but its a very unknown game. Also, if I posted on that old thread, the admins would just say "Reviving old threads is against the rules!!".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Used to play Vay like crazy when I had my SegaCDX back in 1996-1998, was a good rpg to play at the time. :)

Never got to play the original Lunar: Silver Star Story nor Lunar: Eternal Blue although I played the ps1 remakes. :)

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
Yep, I have that game. I played the demo when it came out and loved it. Then I had it on my "2-buy" list and then I could never find it. In the end I had to download it because it was exceedingly rare; great stuff. I ran into a similar problem with a game called Machines which was a RTS+FPS hybrid. It was even harder to find because well... Machines isn't the most specific name in the world and to actually find it on eBay I had to use a search like:

"Machines -Time -Terminator -Cutlery -Ultra -Kitchen -Micro -iPod -Mp3"

The real one was much longer than that in the end, but I managed to get my hands on a copy for $10 AUD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.