Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my other hardware taken into account how much of an overall performance increase would i be looking at if i was to try and push my e8400 to somewhere between 3.5 - 4.0GHz (like percentage-wise)? would it be worth it and would really see a difference? ive replaced my stock cooler with this and so far i have not had any issues with overheating so i think this is pretty safe to do, i just need some opinions on if it is really worth my time doing.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
depends for what your planing but still even if its 100 mhz + i can sense a spd increase with +400 Mhz like my proc is now is perfect i pcsx2 is working good no problems in windows i'm always for overcloacking if possible :lol:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about more recent and/or demanding pc games like crysis, bio shock, fallout 3, etc.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Im not too sure theres that much of a difference like it is for pcsx2 and stuff. With my cpu oc'd to a 2.6 from 1.8 I get a few extra fps in pc games. Just enough to make more demanding games run smoothly for me.

but for your rig and pc games, i really dont see much of an increase(or noticable anyway) for games. Its a monster already, why would you need to? I run bioshock on high, and i get a decent fps, although the waterfalls(from like the ceiling and stuff) kinda kill my fps

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
yes in pcsx 2 the difrence is most notacible huge also i noticed a good performance whith hellgate london whith each +100 Mhz still runawayprisoner should join since he is a good authorithy at this

PS: sry for bad spelling :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts