Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i couldn't find any post about it, so if someone already asked, please post a link to it...

alright the question is: i have a Geforce4MX440 AGP8X (my mobo only support 4XAGP) the clock of the card is 275/300, how much can i raise this values by overclokig whitout a ((heat fan sink)) safely. and what can i spect from it

tanks.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Don't expect much. Even with my 5200 overclocked, I don't get much more performance. Think about getting a better card if you want more performance. If you do have to overclock, just use coolbits. It adds an overclocking section to your nVIDIA control panel.

Search for coolbits on Google.

·
Registered
92 Posts
zarlox said:
ok, i couldn't find any post about it, so if someone already asked, please post a link to it...

alright the question is: i have a Geforce4MX440 AGP8X (my mobo only support 4XAGP) the clock of the card is 275/300, how much can i raise this values by overclokig whitout a ((heat fan sink)) safely. and what can i spect from it

tanks.
Hi,

you need to have at least a fan/heatsink for gpu to prevent overheat before overclock. I think Geforce mx440 have a heatsink by card maker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it doesn't have fan heatsink, but i can get one, what i really want to know is how much you can overclock video cards, i'm using coolbits and the highest values are from gpu/mem 275/300 to 550/720, which are the best and safest values.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Eh, you can try increase it about 5% for safe one and don't try 10% up since it will over heat

but better buy a new card since o/c dangerous for your health(card) :nod:

·
Registered
92 Posts
zarlox said:
No it doesn't have fan heatsink, but i can get one, what i really want to know is how much you can overclock video cards, i'm using coolbits and the highest values are from gpu/mem 275/300 to 550/720, which are the best and safest values.
How far you can overclock depends on the overall of ur system. Try 10mhz at a time untill you can see some bad image when you're in wins. Reduce clock speed slighty. This will be the max.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i increase it about 10mhz each one gpu/mem and in some games the framerate increase about 2 - 3 frames, whit no glitches, does this mean i can increase even more ??

thanx everybody

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
It depends on how long you've been stressing the card with the overclock. I recommend either running a game for a couple of hours or let 3DMark (2001 would be best for your card) loop a few times. If there are no artifacts then increase it slightly.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
2000 would be best for his card. :p

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Well it can run most of the stuff in 2001 but 2000 would work too :p. I forgot 2000 existed, I thought the next oldest one was 99 MAX, which is DX6.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
n_w95482 said:
Well it can run most of the stuff in 2001 but 2000 would work too :p. I forgot 2000 existed, I thought the next oldest one was 99 MAX, which is DX6.

2000 is great.. Love that helicopter bench.. Love running it on my current setup with 16xAA and 16x AF just to see it still go smoothly ^^

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Ah, so that was the one with the helicopter test. I remember seeing pictures of it not too long ago and thinking it looked decent :p.

·
Registered
92 Posts
zarlox said:
275/300mhz seem reasonable with ur mx440, anything higher is risky without cooling. You might also consider increase AGP/PCI ratio clock to get more frames if your mainboard allows manual increase in steps of 0.1mhz, but don't go more than 1mhz.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Heh, overclocking won't give you DX9 support,
gather some money and buy a Radeon 9x00 with a new mobo, 8x AGP will do it
and tell your parents you just fried your GF4MX (overclock it till you get the new stuff ;))

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr. Killjoy said:
Heh, overclocking won't give you DX9 support,
gather some money and buy a Radeon 9x00 with a new mobo, 8x AGP will do it
and tell your parents you just fried your GF4MX (overclock it till you get the new stuff ;))
hahaha, thats a pretty good idea. yeah i guees i should get new hardware.
Thanx anyway.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Not a 9x00. A 9500 or above. The 9000-9200 series are all Dx8.1 parts. The other option is to go for an FX 6200 or an ATi x300 (if it appears in AGP)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Right, if you can upgrade, I recommend a 9600 XT or better
and if you get a 9800 Pro, just beware of the 128 bit BUS version...
it's a big bottleneck for the card :(

·
Registered
885 Posts
the highest clock I can go with my MX440 is 285/440, above than that my PC goes HANG, that's already with extra heatsink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts