Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OverClocked ReMix has just released it's 14th project album Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption

The album is a fan-made arrangement album of Nobuo Uematsu's classic video game soundtrack consisting of 46 tracks set in 3 Acts. Every track from the original has been re-imagined in a narrative that culminates in a two-part finale.

The project features a large array of genres from 36 different artists. You will hear everything from orchestral, to rock, to dance, to hip-hop. There is truly something for everyone here.

The full album is available for free download at Final Fantasy IV : Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption, an OverClocked ReMix Album
So go get it! And enjoy! :)

Digg it: Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption

Preview it: YouTube - Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption, An OverClocked ReMix Album (Trailer)

Torrent: http://bt.ocremix.org/torrents/Final_Fantasy_IV_-_Echoes_of_Betrayal_Light_of_Redemption.torrent

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
You could call this pure spam, but I do want to thank you for the headsup. Will download it first thing tomorrow, I love this stuff. :)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Actually, that's great news. :) I was quite impressed by the remix of Street Fighter 2 tunes, which made it into the official Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD game on virtual arcades on both the PS3 and 360. Those are really quality remixes and they're all free.

Kudos to Overclock Remix. :thumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
i love these remixes. going to get it for sure.

thanks op.

as a sidenote, what version are the updated graphics from (not just cgi but the n64-like characters).

square is releasing so many rehashes i don't know which is which anymore.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
i love these remixes. going to get it for sure.

thanks op.

as a sidenote, what version are the updated graphics from (not just cgi but the n64-like characters).

square is releasing so many rehashes i don't know which is which anymore.
The N64 like characters are from the CG movie in the playstation version of the game.

Damn i really need to finish 4/5/6...

Edit: just finished downloading really great work with this i'm loving it.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I don't do this often, but I'll be seeding this one for some time with 80kb/s, all bits help :) (no pun intended)

I do have to say I like the first disc the most. Emerald Beauty is simply amazing, just like the guitar ballad. And of course Cid's song :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you guys are awesome thank you so much

and yeah i hate advertising more than anyone else but being a remixer from the album i just want to spread the word to others that music is out - so thanks for that

andrew (OA) did all the art for the album and spent some time on it - there's a lot of detail there

glad to hear you guys like cid - make some noise on the ocr thread so the judges will get some incentive to pass it and post - they're giving us crap about the source being in the tune

and i'll pass it on to cyril that you liked rydia :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was already an OCR fan, but this album seems particularly inspired. GJ.
Also, people are just jaded from spammers. Things like this NEED to be advertised though.

btw, which track(s) did you work on?
audio fidelity :)

and yeah some sites are so strict - gamespot and gamefaqs didn't give it a chance - but gamespot did give us an article later which was nice

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Good job though unfortunately i see that there are many songs on your site which don't have a torrent pack (or at least non on your site) like the xenogears ones or do you release as torrent when you have a full album ?

Anyway got Tales Series - Summoning of Spirits seeding that to, atm i think i'm loving it even more then the FF4 one :p (i love Tales of Phantasia),
Currently fav one is:
The Unholy Wars (Fighting of the Spirit) since i didn't get to listen to all yet.

Good luck in the future, i'll definitely keep an eye out for ocremix releases :p.

·
Pschological Field Day
70 Posts
I just downloaded the entire thing and it won't play on winamp? Do I have to do something specific or did my file get corrupted during the download phase? Or something else?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it, my file went to a different location than what I specified and so I moved to the correct spot.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
you guys are awesome thank you so much

and yeah i hate advertising more than anyone else but being a remixer from the album i just want to spread the word to others that music is out - so thanks for that

andrew (OA) did all the art for the album and spent some time on it - there's a lot of detail there

glad to hear you guys like cid - make some noise on the ocr thread so the judges will get some incentive to pass it and post - they're giving us crap about the source being in the tune

and i'll pass it on to cyril that you liked rydia :)
Ey no worries, we all share the same passion: Classic videogames.

Feel free to give us a headsup about any new releases, as long as you're not launching a platform for videogame gold, or starting to sell cheap chinese shoes, it's all fine with us :p

I don't know too much about Gamespot and Gamefaqs, they're both from the same company, CNET if I'm not mistaken? It's a shame their corporate policy took them far away from what their viewers could possibly be interested in.

As for "The Might of Baron", I definitely like that one, kudos :thumb: Anything with good guitars in it. Hence why I like The Unholy Wars as much as Strike does ;) Be sure not to forget "Beyond Absentminded", I already lost track how many times I listened to that song, same for "Wind Dry my Tears".

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
audio fidelity :)
Nice. I've been rocking out to "The Sky Holds No Angels For Us".

and yeah some sites are so strict - gamespot and gamefaqs didn't give it a chance - but gamespot did give us an article later which was nice
You're approaching it wrong. You probably shouldn't just post and hope for the best. You'll get a knee-jerk reaction from the mods like you almost did here. PM the admins first, tell them what you're about (they'll probably already be familiar with OCR), and ask permission to pimp the new album before you post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool cool - and thanks, thats good advice - i'll def take the time to go that route the next time

and sixto's a bad-ass - there's a zelda project in the works - and we've talked about doing a collab - should be pretty interesting :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.