Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I was just wondering what does overclocking the dreamcast cpu do to my actual cpu is it overclocking oO or is the whole thing just software and coding stuff which don’t harm my cpu :rotflmao: cuz it could be dangerous playing with the cpu core clock u know :nono:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Of-course the DC's cpu is actually overclocked, because as the other dude showed, the game's preformance increased after the overclock....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Answer this one question. How could software possibly overclock your PC? :rolleyes:

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a software wich came with my gfx card which does overclock my gfx cards engine and memory causing it to over heat but i got better perfomance on higher resolutins in doom 3
and a ftriend of mine offerd me a oftwrer for my p4 processor but he said its to risky and i might burn it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am playing Resident Evil : Code Veronica
I find it hard to play the movie with smooth sound.
How can I do it ?
Will over clocking help ?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Maybe... just try it won't hurt you nor your pc ;) try underclocking.

oh yeah, and decide if you want to get answer here or on your own RE:CV thread becouse it's waist of space on server to ask the same question few times... and give your question some time... for sure someone will help...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. The chankast overclock feature does not OVERCLOCK anything. All it does is give Chankast permission to handle more of the code the game is throwing at it. This helps in situations where a game is running less than full speed AS A RESULT OF CHANKAST SUCKING. Not in situations where it's as a result of your computer sucking. In other words, if your computer can handle it, it may get you closer to full speed. Reducing the "clock speed" in chankast just tells chankast to handle less code, which may let your computer run the game smoother, but it will go slower.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Riskbreaker927 said:
This helps in situations where a game is running less than full speed AS A RESULT OF CHANKAST SUCKING.
If you think it sucks, go write your own Dreamcast emulator :rolleyes:.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
n_w95482 said:
If you think it sucks, go write your own Dreamcast emulator :rolleyes:.
I wounder if he was thingink about something else that 'chankast suck' actually I think he got on his mind that chankast suck your pc power :) but dunno for sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts