Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... that's the question... What's your fondest childhood memory in terms of video-games? That game which brings a smile to your face when you remember playing it when you were a child is...?

I'll stick with the good ol' NES. I used to play it on my cousin's home, he had a nes clone console called "Phantom System" (Brazilian gamers... remember this?) and the game which I played over and over (AND LOVED IT!) was "Double Dragon II - The Revenge" :) :) :) The gameplay is AWESOME as is the soundtrack :)
Super Mario 3 comes close in 2nd place.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Omegainf
So... that's the question... What's your fondest childhood memory in terms of video-games? That game which brings a smile to your face when you remember playing it when you were a child is...?

I'll stick with the good ol' NES. I used to play it on my cousin's home, he had a nes clone console called "Phantom System" (Brazilian gamers... remember this?) and the game which I played over and over (AND LOVED IT!) was "Double Dragon II - The Revenge" :) :) :) The gameplay is AWESOME as is the soundtrack :)
Super Mario 3 comes close in 2nd place.
Oh yes, I remember the "Phantom System"... ah, the good days. :)

Anyway, I've got no doubt which game to choose: Super Mario 3. I remember I got that game as a birthday present, back then I knew nothing about games, and I remember I had to choose between this game and Megaman 2.

I thought that game was sooo hard! I took me at least a month to get past the first stage, not to mention the first world! By then I loved that game so much I almost cleared it without using the Whistle. Unfortulately, my old NES clone had some problem with the power connection, it was kinda of loose, and when I was in World 7 (around 5 hours playing) my sister accidentally kicked the connection. I almost cried that day. :(

[]s Badaro

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
I'll never forget the day I played Elite on my CPC6128. It was the first 3D game I ever saw (yay !!), it had a sci-fi setting (double yay !!) and you were the pilot of a spaceship (triple yay !!). Even to this day, Elite remains my all-time favorite game, and I believe that the game's own promo' slogan "the game of a lifetime" says it all... ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Well, this isn't a childhood memory because when I was a child, video games and PCs had yet to be invented. But my favorite game from "the good old days" was and still is Ms. PacMan for the VIC-20. It was made by AtariSoft on a cartridge and except for the cartoons (they were missing) was exactally like the original. I spent hours playing it and got to where I could get to the fourth set of mazes every time. Two other, extreme, favorites from back then were LodeRunner and Miner 2049er also for the VIC-20. Ah, those were the days.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Fondest childhood memory?
Umm , when I reached the princess in super mario bros 1 on my nes clone.Finishing the smb3 lies close second.
Neway I am still a child when it comes to gaming.;)

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still remember the day my father brought me "Pitfall" for the Atari2600 :) I was so happy! And also how I was amazed by the intro song of Ninja Gaiden II and Double Dragon 2's last boss theme (and hair!) :)

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
I once had to spend a whole month's allowance to get Rockman (Megaman). Had to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for a whole month because of that. :p But it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I realize this is pretty recent, my I'm just a young 'un, so it's OK. My favorite childhood game memory has to be Goldeneye. Back in 6th/7th grade, a party wasn't a party without Goldeneye, an N64, and 4 controllers. Man, those were the days.

I was also addicted to this great Mac game called Escape Velocity... kinda like Elite, I suppose. Tons of fun.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My favorite childhood game memories would have to be from the orignal Double Dragan Arcade game and Super Mario Brothers for the NES. Everything from the original DD is so memorable, from Mr. T, the final boss with a machine gun, facing off against your pal for the girl, the infamous bridge jump.... ahhh good times :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
For me it's Zillion for the SMS.... ah.... brings back memories.....

I just remembered something... the first time I played the game through, I was near the end, when one of my younger cousin crawled toward the base of the console and pressed the "reset" button..... :D sure I can laugh about it now, but boy was I pissed at that time :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Off to off-topic you go. My favorite memory was when I was just about to beat Dragon Warrior (so I thought), and I invited my friend to come over to watch me beat the (#$*#$ out of him. I defeated his wizard form, and then I was in a world of pain. I immediately called my friend and said, "Uh, don't come over." :p

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
I was always a lover of wrestling. One game I'll never Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever forget is the Wrestlemania The Arcade Game of Acclaim on Genesis.
Even today when I play it with a friend in very hard mode, IT ROCKS !
;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
i still remember those calm hot summer days, when me and two other friends played mario 1 for several hours day after day...all the summer vacations!!! Those were the days.....(btw, the nes clone we used to play this game enventualy blew up in flames....as we were middle way through to finishing the game by the 7th consecutive turn....) thanks god for those refreshing drinks we didn't drink :D

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Playing SMB3 has a great result whit my friends, now they can´t play games like crash or something, ahh... good old times is nostalgic :wink:

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
First time I played StarFox on SNES. Then when I beat it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
video games were great when played by yourself, but it doesn't even start to compare to the times when the whole neighborhood kid population is cramped inside the single local arcade store.

Only one game brought those days to me:
Street Fighter 2.

2,209 Posts
For Childhood Memory it would be when I got my first two cats. The third and fourth are great too. Also when I got my first firebelly toad and a firebelly newt, which unfortunatly died:dead::(, I got another toad, which had 30 babies with the other one, all but one had died. I then got a paddletail newt, (still alive), and a few months ago I got a thrid toad. They live along time 7-10 years.

As for game memory, I dont know. I guess when I beat my first game, Leisuse Suit Larry 7, which is not a good game for kids or teens:p The main point of it is to score:wtf:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts