Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm absolutely going insane waiting for it to trickle down to my "little" town. anyone know what retailers are planning to carry it?

from whoever i asked, it seemed most certain that GameCrazy would carry it, but they had no idea when they'd get it. or at least the guy really wanted to carry it.

the squirt at media play sounded like he hadn't even heard of it.

and i couldn't even get thru to best buy.

are there any other online retailers that carry it? i cannot bring myself to pay more than $3.50 s/h! hell, i haven't even paid more than $17 for my DVDs (averaged! .. see www.mindspring.com/~secondstory/dvds.html)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC, shipping was $5! :spy: that's almost as much as what i'm buying costs! :( if i have to pay that much, i'll probably just wait. and wait...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, it's been about 17 months since bleem first filed their counter-suit against Sony... I'm sure they'll continue to get away with it, until it goes to court. From what I understand, that is going to be part of the same trial of Sony's first lawsuit against bleem. Considering that has been over 2 years in the making, I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is taking chances because they realize that everything on the legal front has stagnated, so they might as well do what they can to get bleem out of business, now. If they can get bleem out of business before it goes to trial, they don't have to worry about the charges (Well, unless the JD gets involved, but I don't see that as being super-likely).

BTW, plonk, when someone asked on the bleem! boards why bleem.com wasn't selling bleemcast!, Rand replied with "Patience." Putting that with what Bobbi posted about them opening their new site, I would guess that once their new site opens, they'll be selling it themselves. Of course, that's no guarantee on shipping costs, but it looks like it will be one of the few places that is actually selling it (Has anyone seen it sold at any chains BESIDES EB and Gamestop/Software Etc/Babbages? I think those were the only 2 chains, and now GS/SE/Babbages no longer is... I haven't seen it at any of the local video game stores).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by LanGaidin
BTW, plonk, when someone asked on the bleem! boards why bleem.com wasn't selling bleemcast!, Rand replied with "Patience." Putting that with what Bobbi posted about them opening their new site, I would guess that once their new site opens, they'll be selling it themselves. Of course, that's no guarantee on shipping costs, but it looks like it will be one of the few places that is actually selling it (Has anyone seen it sold at any chains BESIDES EB and Gamestop/Software Etc/Babbages? I think those were the only 2 chains, and now GS/SE/Babbages no longer is... I haven't seen it at any of the local video game stores).
geez. that's the first "good" news i've heard as of yet. i looked at those other stores, but they wouldn't ship to the States. i'm sure they could make a killing if they charged an extra USD or so on S & H. some deserate gamers (such as myself) could care less, so long as it foiled Sony's attempts at what ever bullshxt they're trying to pull now.

as far as i know, no others are going to carry it. other big retailers only list Bleem! or (most) nothing at all. after calling/driving around, (our) Babbages never got it and obviously won't ever (in the near future). Best Buy people looked stupidly at me and said they weren't sure when they'd get it. Media Play has had it on backorder since last summer and the price listed is $22, so i don't think they'll ever get it.

pretty grim, if you ask me. i have a used copy backordered on Gamestop. come to think of it, that's pretty smart. they could just sell "opened" copies, label them as used, and just charge extra for shipping and handling (i noticed they didn't offer any cheaper shipping options, other than a $6 or $7 2-day UPS or FexEx). i'm wondering if i'll ever hear from them...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, it looks like I was wrong... bleem.com isn't selling it directly. :/ They just list EBworld, and a few international places to buy it. Of course, you could always take the advice they list at the bottom of that page (http://www.bleemcast.com/html/products/buynowdc.html):

"And please, if bleem! isn't yet available at your favorite store, ASK FOR IT! Demand it! Pitch a fit and foam at the mouth! Throw a raging tantrum and refuse to leave until they carry bleem! Really! They like it when customers do that! " :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by LanGaidin
Well, it looks like I was wrong... bleem.com isn't selling it directly. :/ They just list EBworld, and a few international places to buy it. Of course, you could always take the advice they list at the bottom of that page (http://www.bleemcast.com/html/products/buynowdc.html):

"And please, if bleem! isn't yet available at your favorite store, ASK FOR IT! Demand it! Pitch a fit and foam at the mouth! Throw a raging tantrum and refuse to leave until they carry bleem! Really! They like it when customers do that! " :rolleyes:
yeah, go to the store and say: "I won't buy a ps2 with 10 games if you don't give me bleem first :D"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Strange, I bought it from my local EB about a week ago. Have you checked your local EB? Good luck, it's well worth the $10 (Canadian), I spent on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unfortunately, EB stores are not nearly as common as most of the bigger chain stores... The last two cities I've lived in haven't had an EB. :/ I know in the west they're pretty common, and probably on the east coast as well, but for those of stuck in between, they're just not that prolific.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts