Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting kinda late, and I was not quite sure if this topic description is correct... Anyhow;

I am getting my new computer parts tomorrow (hopefully), which will be a new motherboard, cpu, ram, gpu, case and a hdd.

Windows 7 RC 7100 is getting installed on my Raptor (the hdd the very same OS is installed on, and is running now), so I was just looking to get something confirmed.

I should format the hdd (or at least the partition) that this OS is on, and install a "brand new" OS to use with the new parts, right?

It will only get messed up with drivers and whatnot if I install it directly onto the Raptor, with another OS on it.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
You really should do a fresh install. Just make sure to create a backup CD with the necessary drivers, particularly LAN drivers. (might not actually be needed though)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
I've already installed Win7 RC 7100 in a few machines around here, including notebooks.

If you connect to internet with ethernet, you just need to go to windows update, and it will point to all drivers you'll need to download.
So a cd with drivers would only be needed if internet access would be done via Wifi or 3G.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I've already installed Win7 RC 7100 in a few machines around here, including notebooks.

If you connect to internet with ethernet, you just need to go to windows update, and it will point to all drivers you'll need to download.
So a cd with drivers would only be needed if internet access would be done via Wifi or 3G.
Windows 7 contains drivers for nearly all current Wifi and Lan adapters...... whether they work properly though......

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Doesn't work with my USB 3G adapter!

Had to install its drivers manually!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yeah, but thats an actual Internet key right?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
HUAWEI -e220

The only difference between this one and mine is mine has the "optusnet" logo on it instead of the HUAWEI logo!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
well thats not Wireless Lan :p
its just a wireless internet reciever.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Yeah! If I didn't live in a 3G blackspot it would work far better too

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Well my cousin has the e226 hauwei 3g modem.
It didnt work at first, had to uninstall, reboot, and then it re-installed with the software that comes from the modem itself, and worked just fine.

Then i ran Windows Update and downloaded the rest of his HP notebook drivers.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Will set up dual boot when I can get the 64bit disk and see how I go

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Nah! I will just do it the partition way!

Anyone here in Australia want $5 in there paypal account to send me a copy of the 64bit RTM disk?

The 2.2GB download will cost me nearly $50 :(

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you'll just have to live in my bunker under uluru.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.