Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Original Godzilla or American Godzilla who's more cool

Well i know its an old movie Godzilla Final Wars but i just recentlly watched it and maybe is because i grew up with the original godzilla movies is why i love the original more ho knows still i loved this scene

Which do you think is cooler ? :D

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Original... The new one just sucked. The old ones just awesome as well as the "enemies" on old godzillas(or gojira!:D)

·
crazy person
862 Posts
Japanese Godzilla by far for to reasons:

1. It's the original

2. The american godzilla movie was one of the worst movies I ever saw. Seriously, it made no sense (Especially the scenes where the police/army *magically* LOST sight of Zilla).

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Amercan Godzilla rocks!!! I hate the japanese version of original Godzilla.. What a ugly looking and fake too.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Amercan Godzilla rocks!!! I hate the japanese version of original Godzilla.. What a ugly looking and fake too.
Well, it is much older and surely MUCH cheaper... But one of the aspects that I like in old godzilla are the special effects!:lol: It makes it so retro and hilarious, and to think it was originally a horror movie!:rotflmao: The new godzilla was just crap... The special effects looked "good" but that doesn't make a good movie. Cloverfield was pretty good though...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
both of them are good

1.Japanese one-for the gr8 use in technology available at that time........remember those computer were slower than our quad cores
2.American one.........for the realism........

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I know but I like American Godzilla better anyway. It does make a good movie to my opinion. I enjoyed it, really. I know that the original Godzilla is much older and much cheaper but I never ever liked it. I had been watched it since I was kid for few episodes and hate it ever.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also the original has an atomic breath :D now thats wicked and kicks ... :lol:

·
crazy person
862 Posts
Well, it is much older and surely MUCH cheaper... But one of the aspects that I like in old godzilla are the special effects!:lol: It makes it so retro and hilarious, and to think it was originally a horror movie!:rotflmao: The new godzilla was just crap... The special effects looked "good" but that doesn't make a good movie. Cloverfield was pretty good though...
Did you notice?^^ They made fun of the american godzilla monster in that scene the first poster posted.

"I know that tuna head wasn't up to much*

Man, that was holarious.

Nostalgia Critic Review of the american movie.

YouTube - Nostalgia Critic - Godzilla (1998) (1/3)

YouTube - Nostalgia Critic - Godzilla (1998) (2/3)

YouTube - Nostalgia Critic - Godzilla (1998) (3/3)

Rotten Tomatoes rated it with 27%

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
i preffer kong not dk but kk, but if i have to choose beten the godzillas, have to be the japanise old one GIAKA GIAKA (dont know if thats spelt right).

·
crazy person
862 Posts
i preffer kong not dk but kk, but if i have to choose beten the godzillas, have to be the japanise old one GIAKA GIAKA (dont know if thats spelt right).
Gjidora, actually.

And I'm really surpised how much people like the american movie...

I mean:

-Surpringsly disappearing GIANT MONSTERS?????

-Lizards eating fish?????

-Completly ripping of other movies????? (Jurasic Park etc.?)

come on.....

The first japanese godzilla movie is considered one of the best monster movies of all time, how can that even compare to this pile of crap?

And Godzilla itself resembled more a giant T-Rex than actual Godzilla.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
offtopic a little here if an mod/admin see's this thread could he pls correct the title where i said "orriginal" in place of "original" and "how" in place of "who". Also made a spelling error in the pool i forgot an "i" ("amercan")

PS: sry for the trouble :p

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
Well another Jap Vs. US versions thread eh?

Well I liked the US(It's the only movie I saw).
I also saw the Jap version and most people will say... "Nothing Beats the Original.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Never seen the Jap, not a fan of the US one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts