Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all,

I'm running the latest PCSX2 beta and trying to get an old favorite of mine (God of War) running decently. First off, here are my relevant specs...

MacBook Pro 15"
Core 1 Duo 2.0ghz
2gb DDR2
Mobility Radeon X1600 (Catalyst 8.9)
Windows 7 RC (under Boot Camp)

I've spent literally hours tweaking the PCSX2 configuration, starting from the guide and doing dozens of forum searches. I've set GS to the lowest levels (DX9(H) in native res), enabled all the Speed Hacks and even bumped VU Stealing past Moderate, but I still can't seem to get the frame rate above 10-20fps during gameplay.

I realize that with older hardware like this I could just be screwed, but is there anything more I can do to get a decent playable frame rate?

Any help/suggestions/newbiebashing will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :cool:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Core 1 Duo?

Perhaps you're talking about the Core Duo processor. Which I think is unlikely because I don't remember any Macs using that processor....
The original Core Duo spec was made for the first intel macs.

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
well ok the vu stealing put to highest and when ur ingame press start to go into the menu then exit the menu. that increased my fps to 40 on my 2ghz amd dualcore and nvidia 8200m
In my own experience vu-steal seems to choppingly skip frames to some extent, so it doesn't quite improve the fps in reality, just statistically. But maybe that is just in some cases and could be worth a shot :) *shrugs shoulders*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.