Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And ONLY for that game... I will be trying it on a P4 2,8Ghz, with a ATI Radeon 9200...

I am asking this because, and if I recall correctly, that game used to have problems, right?

So, what version of the emulator and what plug-ins should i use? Also, are there are specific options for this game that I will have to pick in order to play correctly?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Use ePSXe 1.5.2, pete's opengl plugin 1.75, eternal spu plugin 1.41, and try to play from an ISO. For specific configs of every plugins, a little search will reveal a bunch of threads with them.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try these settings.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9500 Pro x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes [highlight](If you have 64 MB of video memory, change this)[/highlight]

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
IIRC, you can use filtering in FF8 without problems, so you can try a setting of 6, or 4 if it causes weird graphics. BTW, never ever enable anisotropic filtering with psx emulation, it doesn't work and can screw graphics. You could try enabling AntiAliasing, though i don't think your card is powerful enough to handle it without slowdowns.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
n_w95482, shame on j00 for the FPS settings!

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: B]ON[/B]
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

you forgot that :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I thought I already set it to Auto, guess not :D. I haven't used Pete's OpenGL plugin since I reformatted so all of the settings were set to their defaults.

Edit: Fixed the previous post :p.

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't care about the looks of the game or anything, I just want to have the same experience I would have in my psx... Like, one day I used an emulator to play the NTSC version of Chrono Cross and it was REALLY bad... :-| I mean, playable, but with some really bad flaws, like slowdowns but only in certain points of the scenario, and stuff like that...

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Ok, then the next step would be your sound configuration.
Using Eternal 1.4.1, set to ASync, Smooth and Buffer Size to about 40, along with the special fixes.
Don't bother the other options, they are for recording purposes.

EDIT: For Chrono Cross(NTSC U/C), use ePSXe 1.5.2.

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hum... ok, I did all that, and I was happily playing the game.... However, once I turn the emulator off, it erases my savegame! =| I thought it could a problem with the "virtual" memory cards, so I got a *.gme savegame from gamefaqs.com and save in it, but the same thing happens... Anyone knows what's happening? And how can I fix this? Because it is surely hard to finish the game without saving or turning the emulator off... -_-
I didn't tried that yet, and I know I could use Savestates, but I don't like using that kind of thing...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Do not close the game from the 'x' on the corner or with alt+F4. Press esc, wait for the gui to return, go to menu, and the exit. ePSXe 1.5.2 stores the memcards on ram until it's closed, and only then stores them to the hd. If you don't close it properly, you'll lose your advance as you have seen.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Yes, it was changed in 1.6.0. FF games doesn't get along very well with it though.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Check that your memcard files aren't set to 'read only'. If you are using savestates, *don't* do it, that's a not-so-uncommon behaviour with them. Can you access them correctly in the bios?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts