Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Can you post your system specs please?
Without them,no one will be able to help you.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well with you specs you should be able to run all games very nicely,so here we go:
Graphics:Use Pete's OpenGL plugin with those settings
Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 with Antialiasing or 1024x758(maybe even more) without
Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: extended(with or without sprites,it's for you to see)
- Caching: Dynamic

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60(or 50 for pal games)

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: Enhanced
- Framebuffer texture: Gfx Card Buffer
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Now for the sound,use either the internal one,or Pete's SPU plugin,or IORI's one but not null's one since perfomance with CC seems to be bad since the 1.3 series.

and finally for your CD-rom,you can use the internal plugin or Pete's one cause they are the best.But I would recommand you to run the game from you HD using an ISO of the game(ISOs can be made using CDRWIN-www.goldenhawk.com-or isobuster-www.isobuster.com).

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
And yeah,which drivers are you using with you card?
I would recommand you to try the 12.xx series(especially the 12.40 and the 12.90).
I think that's all you need to know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks, i am using the latest whql 12.41's, if all this works out(im rippin the iso now) im in for a night of some hard core RPGin'

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well then,have a really good night.(and I know it will be good coz' CC is a really great game,not as good as Chrono Trigger but reaaly good).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, well, last night I never got to play, I recently rounded my cables and got all this data corruption and stuff, had to repartition and reformat, etc. Anyhow, I finally got everything for epsxe set, ripped the iso, and started playing, everything looks great, except for a slow down when battle scenes start(music and graphics) and then in battle the characters and menus shake, and the graphics flash between two camera angles, is there anyway to fix this, also, all of the 2d stuff is quite grainy. I know its an emulator, and its not perfect, but if there is a remedy let me know. I am using petes opengl 1.5 and petes dsound 1.9, resolution is a 10x7, and my det3's are 12.41. Thanks.
-Mag

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C'mon people, I know someone out there has to have a suggestion as to what I can do, Please Help!
-Mag

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
For the slow battle start,set the frame buffer textures to black.
Now for the shacking menu,put Offscreen Drawing to 3(enhanced)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, everything is doing good now, I just want more out of it, I know I'm being picky but is there anyway to get the 2D backgrounds to not look so pixelated, blend them or something? I dunno, I'm sure someone knows what to do. Thanks.
-Mag

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
In Pete's plugin config,set filtering to extended,but you may not like it since the background will be composed of square looking-like part(if you have FSAA,enable it,it will look better).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts