Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Question on using the OpenXDK that ships with Cxbx-0.7.8c-Source, (0.1.0-Pre1)...
When I try to compile a sample proggy with it, It gives me a slew of errors, all from include\xusb\list.h and include\xusb\linux_wrapper.h. If you want me to post them, then I will, but I mostly wanted to know if this is happeneing to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Apparantly that guide is a load of nonsense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not saying that It's a load of nonsense, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work with VC++ 6.

I wonder if it works with DJGPP... I'll check it out.

*EDIT*

It doesn't work right off the bat, (Mostly because all of the environment variables are set for Cygwin/Linux) but I whenI fix the variables, and run 'make', it gives me:
"make.exe **** [comingsoon.o] Error -1"

No idea what Error -1 is.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But it works with 7.x. I don't think 6 is supported anymore.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I'm refering to:

d0wnlab said:
see bob this is why i disliked you posting this in the first place.

the above information is totally wrong, and will not work. All it does is gets peoples hopes up to use openxdk with visual studio and it won't work, and then they don't bother trying cygwin because they already tried and failed with visual studio. to begin with there is no .sln project file in openxdk anymore, hasn't been for a long time. Namely, it was gotten rid of when the openxdk moved from Visual Studio to gcc toolchains. Long since gone. Check the cvs. It ain't there.

your libraries are all wrong too.. we don't use the xlib* libs anymore (if ever, im unsure..)

In fact I'm pretty sure you cut and pasted this from somewhere else because quite simply I've never seen you make sentences this well, and most of it matches info from years ago.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly I didn't see that scottlc. Next time I'll read everyone post before wasting precious forum space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts