Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is freeware anime meaning you can download it and watch it for free legally.

I'm asking for open source copyrights.
Is there such a thing for ideas?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Em... AFAIK you can have (legally) that anime which isn't distributed in your region/country by any company :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
That reminds me, have you noticed how companys (ADV, Bandai, Geneon) have been licensing anime before it airs in japan!

I think their trying to stop fansubs so people will buy the DVDs because they havnt gotten to see the fansub? or something along those lines.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yea, and I'm actually glad when they do things that way since then fansubbers don't have their time wasted by series that will be availible outside of Japan anyway. I mean, right now there are around a dozen groups doing Naruto, and what do you think the chances of that not getting liscened are? Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for them to finish subbing Tenshi Na Konamaiki, even though it finished airing in japan over a year ago.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
i'll still get fansubs because generally the corporate dubs blow major chunks.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"i'll still get fansubs because generally the corporate dubs blow major chunks."

Right on.

So there is no such thing as open copyright in relation to anime?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
I wonder some companies should care about downloads that are practically possible to buy, especially in language we understand. If they think we are not worthy of sales and therefore their notice, why they should care about their rights because they are NOT LOOSING anything. Actually i can almost foresee that these incident by Media Factory, if it grows anything bigger, will actually damage anime DVD sales. Fansubs have always worked as sort of comercials for companys products.

*edit* removed one 'not' word. It kinda screwed up whole sentence. :lol:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
But I hate how dvd's are so expensive and there are usually just half of the episodes on the one dvd, meaning you have to buy two to get 'em all...

Like I just last week found out that a store, close to my home, was selling Full Metal Panic, FFU and NGE series but they were on two dvd's and they costed around 15.00 euros per piece...

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Hmmm... Its not that much. I have seen dvd collection NGE with all episodes that costed about 70€. oO I dont remember where it was. I bet it has lowered quite a lot for now... :p

·
Banned
177 Posts
DVD's need to come down in price for anime series here in the USA. I really would take my risk any day and download 2-3 episodes rather than pay 20-30 bucks for a dvd containing just a mere 3. If they put like 10 episodes or dropped the price i would buy more.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
RZetlin said:
Unfortunately this is not the case anymore.
It was never the case. Fansubbed anime has never been legal, it's simply been ignored.

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
I agree with Seta 100%. Not only that, but they are way too expensive! I don't know about the DVD version, but the VHS version of Oh My Goddess!was like $20 for each video, which only contained ONE episode! That is garbage. Oh My Goddess was the first and last anime I ever bought. Everything else I've seen on television or watched fansubs.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
It is true that fewer than nessecary eps are on one disc.
Take for example Hellsing. That has 3 or 4 eps per disc, but then you consider Ulysses 31 has 8 or 9 eps per disc, and Yes Minister has 6, it's a bit of a waste.
However, things will never change unless he companies see that there is a good market for anime in the West. There is, but people won't buy unless it's at a reasonable price, and companies are loathe to lower the price on such... rarities.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
It is true that fewer than nessecary eps are on one disc.
Take for example Hellsing. That has 3 or 4 eps per disc, but then you consider Ulysses 31 has 8 or 9 eps per disc, and Yes Minister has 6, it's a bit of a waste.
However, things will never change unless he companies see that there is a good market for anime in the West. There is, but people won't buy unless it's at a reasonable price, and companies are loathe to lower the price on such... rarities.
The West has it better than Japan. In Japan, anime DVDs only have 1-2 episodes per disc. I think that Naruto DVD Volume 1 has only one episode on it! (Considering the series is 100+ episodes)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
That's because in Japan more people stay at home meaning theey have more disposable income.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Yeah, but I hope some anime would come here north too... I know only 4-5 anime(excluding Pokemon & digimon) series and 2 movies that has been either shown on tv or published on dvd... damn, I have to live here in nowhere...

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
RZetlin said:
The West has it better than Japan. In Japan, anime DVDs only have 1-2 episodes per disc. I think that Naruto DVD Volume 1 has only one episode on it! (Considering the series is 100+ episodes)
AFAIK, one Naruto DVD Volume has 3 eps on it.

Yours,
-Elly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts