Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I'm reading this forum since 2004, and now it's time for my first post & question:

Is it usual to have under 50FPS using the Pete's OGL2 Plugin (settings don't matter!) - my PC is a 3000XP+, 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 4 TI 4200 64MB.

Usually I use the Pete's D3D Plugin (the OS-Version is a bit slower i think) with high filter settings, AA + AS as high as possible and it looks great :D
I own about 100 ps1 games and all of em are workin' great with EPSXE, so gratulation to the coders :D excellent work!

Oh, another question: is it possible to get CDDA working without moby's cdr plugin?

Thanks for answers.

Greets Daniel

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>Is it usual to have under 50FPS using the Pete's OGL2 Plugin (settings don't matter!) - my PC is a 3000XP+, 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 4 TI 4200 64MB.

Perhaps. what settings do you use, IIRC 'Render to Texture' slows NV2x cards right down.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what drivers are you using? are you trying very high X and Y? you can probably only use very high Y, 64 mb isnt enough VRAM to use both of em together (says Pete himself)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no..

Ok,
i changed to native x-Resolution and also switched every option ingame on and off but no chance, not over 50fps :( Strange, because with ogl1 it's running quite nice.
Anyways, do you have an alternative to moby's cdr? because i don't wan't to select the image everytime i start epsxe (using emufrontend, the only frontend safing settings in FILES not in the registry).

Greets,
Daniel

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>i changed to native x-Resolution and also switched every option ingame on and off but no chance, not over 50fps Strange, because with ogl1 it's running quite nice.

IIRC you can't toggle render to texture in game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh my god...

I' am so dumb ^^
I've seen the option and thought it was disabled without a hook XD
Now it's running quite ok - but there shouldn't bee any improvements in performance or quality compared to the ogl1 plugin, right?
Greets

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The OpenGL2 plugin is designed to take advantage of large RAM and DX9 cards. It sues the large vRAM by having the higher detail internal rezzes. It also has DX9 features in the Render To Texture option (on appropriate cards it speeds up framebuffer access), and fullscreen shader filters. There is a fullscreen filter option that can be used by older cards too.
The OpenGL1 plugin is really your best bet to be honest as the Ti4200 is a Dx8.0 part and thus can't use any of the features of OGL2 and also loses FSAA in this plugin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts