Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with your beautiful emulator :thumb:

i wanted to play the homebrewgame space 1.6 with pcsx2 and it runs...but very slooooooooow (10fps), i am using the newest DX9-plugin and the internal HLE-bios :(
today i tried another emulator (nsx2) with an openGL-plugin and it works very fast (i had to enable Vsynch cause framerate before was much to high)

why is this game so slow with pcsx2 and so fast with nsx2, is the openGL-plugin the reason and are there any openGL-plugins for pcsx2 0.6?
i definitely want to use pcsx2 because it supports my gamepad, so please help me

here you can see my PC, if it's important

sorry for my english, i am still learning.... :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
humm, this is a good question

i dont even know about this nsx2 (you tried other games with that??)

but i guess the slowly of this emulator is because he are in development yet, and there is not a date to be finished

be patient..... =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i also tried another Homebregame (i forgot the name), it also runs much too fast (until it crashed :hdbash: )

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
check the version number. 0.6 meening its the 6th pre-release. meening again ITS NOT FINSHED. this sould answer this question and any other questions that might come up in the why/what area.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
You are getting such slow speeds because you probably are using interpreter,so try unchecking "disable recompiler" in config-->cpu.There are 2 OpenGL plugins ,GStaris and GSmax but both havent been updated for a long time.I recommend using the new DirectX9 plugin,GSdx9 for good speeds and compatibility

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm using gsdx9

nsx2 is also not finished so this is no answer why it runs so slow on pcsx2
i think pcsx is much more developed than nsx2

·
Registered
29 Posts
PCSX2 is more developped, but that doesn't mean faster. The developper are focusing mainly on compatibility, which is very good but that makes the emulator slower as well...
I think (and hope) developpers will probably start working on speed enhancements once the compatibility will be high enough.
As ChaosCode said, it's far from being finished and any complain about speed or anything else should'nt be made with the current state of development.

G

·
Yes thats true, but he tries to do it all alone while PCSX2 has a whole team of skilled (more or less :p ) programmers. He told me once, that he dont want help because he want to see what he can do alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh how sad.. :(

But that is one great person! Did you ask him if that he did give up (or if he has had enough), he could join the PCSX2 team? :p

Jimmy

G

·
Actually the suggestion to join PCSX2 was my first question to him. Maybe he will do it sometime.

However, i think this is quite off-topic in this thread. Please send me a PM if you have further questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts