Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody knows why i could play quake III ogl at about 50 fps, and everytime i try an ogl plugin i get just 5-8 fps?:confused:

C

·
0 Posts
His signature states he has an integrated Intel video chipset, which is pure shit.

Frankly, you won't get much performance in anything with that...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
believe it or not, my intel 810 give me 60 fps in the psx games i have, gt2, mgs, vagrant story, tr chronicles, crash bash, driver 1 & 2, resident evil 3, dino crisis 2, nba live 2001, fifa 2001 and many others

S

·
0 Posts
that's understandable, assuming the i810 is better than a i740 and the 800mhz chip helps...

S

·
0 Posts
btw, quake3 doesnt ask as much form your system as epsxe does in some games (afterall it's emulated)...and afaik the intel cards arent that good in OGL....use d3d

S

·
0 Posts
well, gt2 is one of the "heaviest" games, so that's not really strange...speed depends a lot on the game you're playing...
for example ridge racer 1 will run fine even on the slowest Pentium 2 computers......games like GT2 require a lot more cpu though...same for the recent psx games; most of them use the system to the 'max'.

for better performance, try running gt2 on the 'fast' setting...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Radiohead2 you don't make any sense at all. You complain that you can't run OpenGL emulation fast but can get good framerate from Q3 - Then you say emulation runs at 60fps on your conputer. I assume your using D3D then? Well then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU COMPLAINING?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts