Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well... I usually know how to fix something like this, but I got no idea right now, so... I should ask you guys.

The story goes like this... I got a awful card (8400gs 512mb) with a so-so processor (E2140) OC'ed to 2.4ghz (we already know how much the E21XX series overclock)... and well I was using the 182.50 drivers from nvidia, that drivers are really stable and worked fine for me... I was playing MK Deception, Smash Melee, MK Deadly Alliance, and some Wii WADs in Dolphin at fullspeed in native res, no filters, etc etc etc...

A friend told me that nvidia had released a 190.15 Beta drivers, so... I downloaded the drivers, instaled, every was fine... I tryied some games (Crysis was flickering a lot, and burnout paradise was a little slow, and some other games that worked fine with the 182.50 didnt even worked with the new drivers)...and I said "F-word the new drivers, lets uninstall this and install again the 182.50"... You know the drill, safe mode, uninstall, install the other drivers... bla bla...

The problem is right now... Now with the old 182.50 drivers, Dolphin does not even want to start the emulation... I mean, It shows the "Failed to grab 1GB of contigous memory!" and something about other programs consuming the ram, bla bla... After I press ok in that warning dialog...Dolphin opens the loading game black window where the game should starts...and...puf, Dolphin.exe has detected a problem and must close error.

I suppose the new nvidia drivers have ****ed the OpenGL... They were talking something about opengl 3.1 and some other things...

Its strange, tried a lot of revs, none of them worked... I tried other emulators (NullDC, PCSX2, No$gba) using an OpenGL render...and they work flawless now, directx games work perfect again (Crysis does not flickers anymore in medium graphics, and Burnout paradise runs perfectly again)...

So...any help?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
uninstall the drivers, run driver sweeper on the gpu drivers and reinstall 186.18(16?)

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uninstall the drivers, run driver sweeper on the gpu drivers and reinstall 186.18(16?)
Yeah, I think I will try something like that...

The error you get can be probably from the lack of RAM that Dolphin uses or antivirus is blocking it. Try turning off antivirus or turning off programs that use too much RAM
Well, no, that's unlikely, got 2gb ddr2 here, and Im using WinXP, also, my antivirus doesnt eat that much resources (Nod32 user here)...

Also, with everything closed (every window I can, AND the explorer) it says the same thing, and It was working fine before even with Photoshop open xD...

· Banned
35,081 Posts
its got nothing to do with the amount of ram used, but the address range that is used.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its got nothing to do with the amount of ram used, but the address range that is used.
Oh, I see, Im a little new emulating "new" consoles, Since I have my gcn and I used this rig for...well, working and emulating other retro things...

So, dolphin doesnt take an amount, but takes a determinated adress range...I now understand why at random moments while "closing" a game, and opening another send the message of the 1gb thing...

Well, Thanks for the help again ^^

· Banned
35,081 Posts
bingo ;)

but in this case its probably the opengl ICD borking up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.